Finally Some R&R

The following Sunday

Everyone was getting ready to sit down for dinner, the house smelled amazing as always. Eddie was a little anxious to see Joe. Was it going to be weird? Was he going to bring it up infront of people? Will he apologize today, tomorrow? Her thoughts were everywhere.

"Ask if Joes coming..." Eddie whispered to Jamie as everyone took their seats. He nodded taking note.

"Joe coming or you got a date?" Jamie asked Frank, talking about the empty place setting beside him. Everyone laughed and Frank was surprised at the question.

"Ah no. He's coming, he said he might be late." Frank said.

"What about Cassidy?" Erin asked.

"I think she has something." Pop answered. They all prayed and began to eat.

"Heard the bust he was working on last week was a bust." Danny said.

"How? He was pretty confident in that I thought?" Pop asked.

"I guess two cops walked in on the middle of it and scared the guy off so now he's gotta figure out another way to catch him. I offered to help but he was pretty mad I think he wants to redeem himself." Danny said.

"Shouldn't the cops of known there was something going down in their sector?" Erin asked. Jamie glanced at Eddies face of ashame.

"Not necessarily. The cops were from a different precinct then him so it would've been impossible for them to know ahead of time." Jamie said backing up his wife.

"Yeah I heard about that." Frank said looking over his glasses. He knew Eddie and her partner were the cops they were talking about. Eddie could tell too by his look.

"You heard about that!?" Eddie asked shocked.

"Oh yeah." Frank said.

"Maybe let's not bring that up" Jamie said glancing quickly at Eddie, reaching his hand over and rubbing her back.

"It was you!?" Danny asked shocked. The whole family was surprised.

"No! It was my partner Casey!" Eddie defended.

"Oh okay." Danny said after listening to the look Jamie was giving to shut up. It was quiet until the front door opened and shut. Eddie got nervous knowing it was Joe.

"Hey sorry I'm late." He said and sat down.

"All good. How was work?" Frank asked.

"Good surprisingly. We got another plan in the works, I think it's gonna work better then the original." He said filling his plate.

"Good, it was meant to be then." Frank said.

"I wouldn't go that far." Joe said and glanced at Jamie and Eddie.
——
They went the rest of the dinner not mentioning anything about the argument or falling out. Eddie just tried to relax, she knew Jamie had gotten him to understand it wasn't all Eddies fault. She expected him to be better with her.
———

"Ryan you stink!" Eddie said getting a whiff of his diaper when she pulled him out of the high chair to help clean up the table.

"I tink!?" Alaina asked.

"No your brother stinks, why? Did you poop too!?" Eddie asked her and attempted to peel back the of her diaper but, she ran, causing her to run into Frank's legs not watching where she was going.

"Woah you okay?" Frank asked her, she held her nose and gave him the stink eye.

"Haha hey you ran into me silly." He said and picked her up.