New Dinner Guest

Sunday April 30th

"I'm excited to meet Nikki's boyfriend, I can't believe we haven't met him yet." Eddie said as they were on their way to family dinner.

"Yeah I guess they've been going out for like what 6 months?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah I think! Wonder if there living together" Eddie wondered.

"I'm sure." Jamie said as they go to the big house.
——

"Hey, just in time." Frank said

"Yeah sorry, Ryan's nap ran late." Eddie said getting out the kids cups and such so they could sit down to eat.

"Mommy potty." Alaina said pulling on the bottom of her shirt.

"Okay, um, where's daddy? Jamie!" She called out, she had her hands full, literally.

"Yeah? Oh sorry need help?" He offered with his hands out for her to hand him some stuff.

"She has to go potty."

"Oh. Okay c'mom" Jamie held her hand and took her to the bathroom.

"Can I help you with something?" Frank asked.

"Um maybe, can you warm this up in the microwave for 20 seconds, it's Ryan's milk." She said.

"Sure thing." He took the bottle.

"Oh hi! It's so nice to meet you!" Eddie said when she entered the dining room to see Nikki's bf help her set the table.

"Same to you, Jason." He introduced and shook her hand.

"Eddie!" She responded happily. He was tall, brown hair, with a little length to it, and dark green eyes.

"Where's Alaina?" Danny asked.

"Oh potty break." She said. Ryan wandered into the dining room looking to sneak something off the table he could see.

"Ah ah ah, I see you mister!" Erin said picking him up and tickling him, he laughed.

"Alright there ya go." Frank said bringing Eddie the warm milk.

"Thank you!" She said.

"As soon as Joe and Cassidy get here we can eat." Henry said.

"Oh are they coming?" Jamie asked coming back with Alaina from the bathroom.

"Far as I know." Henry replied.

5 minutes later Joe and Cassidy got there.

"There they are!" Frank said

"Sorry, we didn't decide to come until like an hour ago" Joe said with a laugh. They were confused.

"We've been sick with the bug since Friday, my whole class went home early with it, perks of teaching preschool right?" She said shrugging.

"Oh no" Erin said.

"That's the worst, I swear we never get sick unless Alaina gets it from Sunday school." Eddie said.

"Yeah that's how my kids were, Linda hated it." Danny said.

They said grace and began to eat.

"So Nikki tells me you two just got engaged, when's the wedding?" Jason asked.

"Funny we actually just set the date this week. It's going to be next June 17th." Joe answered.

"Ooo yay!" Eddie was excited and everyone else cheered too.

"Also was hoping Alaina and Ryan could be in it?" Cassidy asked.

"Oh boy." Jamie said.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!? YES!" Eddie was so excited.

"You shouldn't have done that." Jamie told Cassidy jokingly. Eddie playfully hit his arm.

"Alaina you get to be a flower girl!" Eddie told the 3 year old.

"Yay!" She said even though she had no idea what that meant, she was too cute, everyone laughed.
-
A little later it was time for dessert. Jamie went to find the kids knowing they would want some. They were playing in the other room.

"Who made this pie?" Eddie said when the chocolate pie got to her.

"Oh I did!" Nikki said.

"It looks phenomenal" she complimented.

"Tastes even better." Danny said already finishing his piece.

"Dude we didn't even get a piece yet" Joe said in disbelief, everyone laughed, typical Danny.

"Here, before the bear eats the rest." Henry said handing the other pie to Joe.

"Thank you." He laughed taking it.

"You want some pie?" Joe asked Cassidy after getting some for himself.

"You okay?" He asked when he noticed her face.

"Everything good?" Frank asked too.

"I just I don't know, maybe I still don't feel good." She said feeling uneasy.

"Oh really? Do you wanna go?" Joe asked her quietly to themselves. She nodded yes, so they got up to leave.

"Thanks for dinner, we'll see you guys maybe next week." Joe said and left.

"Anytime! Tell Cassidy the same." Frank said.

"Wait what happened?" Eddie asked Erin quietly.

"Not sure, dad what was that about?" Erin asked Frank who sat at the head of the table, beside her.

"I think she pushed her luck." He said.

"Whats going on?" Henry asked across the table, so now everyone was waiting.

"She didn't feel well again, she probably shouldn't have been eating meatloaf and potatoes a couple hours after a stomach bug, is my guess." Frank said.

"Oh yep that'll do it." Danny said chowing down Joes pie piece. That made everyone laugh and they kept eating.

"So where do you live?" Eddie asked Jason.

"Well we uh..I.." he stumbled.

"He lives at my place." Nikki finished for him.

"Okay nice, nice." She replied, no one seemed to mind the answer, Nikki was old enough to make her own decisions.

"Where do you work?" Danny asked.

"I'm an optometrist." He answered.

"Oh wow." Jamie was impressed.

"I see." Henry joked, everyone laughed.

"So where'd you go to college?" Frank wondered.

"Harvard Med." Jason said.

"Oh no way, I went to Harvard law." Jamie said.

"Really?!" Jason was just as surprised as Jamie.

"Wowwww got some smarty pants around the table today." Danny said making everyone laugh again.