The Old Flame

March 12th Saturday

It was 11am, Alaina was 11 months old today. Jamie put her down for her nap a little earlier because she had a rough night. He quietly shut her door and made his way out to help Eddie fold the laundry in the living room.

"When'd you wear these?" Jamie held up a pair of black laced underwear.

"Last week to dinner." She said.

"Huh, why didn't I know this?" He asked smiling.

"Um well if I remember correctly it was a very crazy day, the last thing on my mind was letting you know I had something sexy on underneath all this." She said talking about her body.

"Well what do you have on right now?" He asked getting closer to her, placing his hands on her waist.

"Um nothing..." she said smiling in the sweatpants and sweatshirt she was sporting.

"Hmmm." He stuck his head by her ear.

"Are you in the mood?" He whispered very seductively, making her blush. She kissed him and before they knew it they were in the bedroom.

Halfway through Jamie's phone rings.

"Ugh you're kidding me..." Jamie pulled out and answered the phone.

"Yeah?" He answered heavily breathing.

"Hey... did I catch you at a bad time?" Erin asked knowing what was going on.

"Little bit, what's up? You got 10 seconds." Jamie said catching his breath. Eddie widened her eyes embarrassed but laughing. (She can't hear Erin on the phone)

"That's all I need. Listen...your ex fiancé, Sydney...she got a job over here with me. She asked about everyone and when I told her you had gotten married and have baby number 2 on the way she was shocked and wants to meet up and talk." Erin said.

"What!?" Jamie was blindsided and completely caught of guard.

"Yup okay, 10 seconds is up bye!" Erin said.

"Woah wait! What'd you say!" Jamie questioned worried.

"I told her to call you bye!" She hung up on him knowing it was an awkward situation either way. Jamie set his phone down.

"Who was it?" She asked.

"Erin." He said as he climbed back on top of her and started to kiss her neck. He didn't want to tell Eddie at this current moment.

"What'd she want?" Eddie asked pushing him away from her.

"Nothing. Lay down." He told her, she gave him a side eye but listened. He knew if he told her it would ruin the moment so he went back at it with her. When they were done he'd tell her.
——

10 minutes later they were getting dressed. They heard Alaina crying in her crib from her room.

"Okay I'm gonna go get her and then I wanna know what Erin said." Eddie pointed her finger at Jamie and left the room.

"Dear God please help me..." he said under his breath after she left. He knows he needed to tell her he just doesn't want it to become a fight. Every day is different with her and these pregnancy hormones.

After a couple minutes he decided to go into Alaina's room and see what was taking her so long.

"Hmmm hmmm...." Eddie was humming as she placed their almost one year old back to sleep in her crib. Jamie quietly stepped back out of the room as Eddie followed and shut the door softly.

"She's still so tired." She said and walked to the kitchen. Jamie was waiting for her to ask about what Erin wanted again.

"I always just get the munchies after sex.." she stated, opening up the cabinet for a box of wheat thins. Jamie just smiled still waiting for the question.

"Do you want some? Oo! Or we have that pie!" She got excited and turned to the fridge. Jamie felt so much weight on him, he felt like he was lying even though he wasn't, he just hadn't said anything yet.

"Jamie?" Eddie said after he didn't answer her.

"What?" He zoned out for a second there.

"I asked if you wanted something? Like a piece of pie?" Eddie suggested.

"Oh no." He said.

"What's wrong?" She could read him like a book.

"Babe Erin called and told me Sydney got a job at her office and wants to catch up." Jamie told her sighing. She just stared at him.

"Okay? No. Plain and simple what's the issue here?" She asked confused.

"Huh. Isn't that being too stand offish. Like if you were her wouldn't that come across that I was...I don't know...scared to see you?" Jamie asked.

"Scared how? Like you still have feelings?" She questioned.

"...yeah." He told her.

"Do you think you still have feelings for her!?" Eddie asked aggressively.

"God no Eddie! I meant her having feelings for me!" He said in defense appalled she thought the other way around.

"Oh. Well yeah she probably still does if she wants to see you! I mean talk about messing up!" Eddie said.

"What's that mean?" Jamie asked.

"Look at us! We have a place, we're married, we have an almost 1 year old, another on the way! I mean we're living the American Dream." She said.

"So you think she's jealous?" Jamie asked.

"Hell yeah!" Eddie said confidently.

"Okay. I guess." Jamie said.

"So end of discussion. Erin can tell her no." Eddie took her bowl of wheat thins to the couch and sat down. Jamie winced his face to himself.

"Actually she said she was gonna call me." Jamie said, now scared. Eddie just glared at him, she was frustrated.

"Whatever." She said and turned on the tv. Jamie slowly mozyied over to her, treading lightly.

"I will tell her life's pretty busy I don't have much free time to spend with my ex fiancé." Jamie suggested. Eddie looked at him shocked and unsure if he was serious.

"Jamie Reagan...look at you...being all bad ass..." she said smiling. Jamie laughed at her and sat down.

"I'm not interested in seeing her. I don't care. It's in the past and I honestly hardly remember being with her. All I know is you." He said.

"Awww" Eddie grabbed his arm and hugged him.

"Ugh why you gotta be so girly." Jamie said letting her hug him.

"Cause I like when you stand up for us." Eddie said.

"I'll always stand up for us. Does it do anything for ya?" He asked winking.

"We just did it!" She said dramatically, letting go of him.

"Haha...I know I'm kidding!" Jamie laughed and lightly hit her in the arm. His phone rang in the bedroom. He got up to get it. Eddie suspiciousness kicked in and she followed.

"Hello?" Jamie said on the phone, whoever it was must've been reading a book to him because he just stood there listening and looked unsure.

"Who is it!?" Eddie whispered and got closer. Jamie pulled away and held his hand up at Eddie to wait.

"Okay well thanks for calling." Jamie said and hung up. Eddie anxiously waited for him to say.

"That was Nicole she apologized and said we were owned an explanation... she said her ex wanted to see if there connection was still there. Not her." Jamie said.

"Um well for 1 it takes two to tango an 2...why here!?" Eddie asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he works opposite of her. I would hope they didn't plan on having sex here but who knows." Jamie said.

"I don't know. She blindsided all of us." Eddie said.

"She did." Jamie agreed.

"Okay well when Sydney calls you can I listen in, I want to here what she says." Eddie asked.

"Sure." Jamie said smiling at her jealousy as she nodded and headed back to the living room.