Meeting her cousins

Sunday April 18th 2021

Today the family was coming over to their apartment after church for family dinner (more like lunch). Jamie didn't want to venture out just yet with Eddie still recovering and not to mention Alaina wasn't even a week old yet, they were still getting used to this whole mom and dad thing. So, Jamie said everyone bring a dish and they can eat here.

While Alaina was sleeping in the bouncy seat all morning they cleaned the apartment, it was long over due, the hampers in both bedrooms were over flowing, there was clean and dirty spit up rags/receiving blanket spread out in every room, the dishwasher needed to be emptied, Eddies pump was on the kitchen table, and they needed to dust and vacuum.

Jamie was cleaning the kitchen when he saw Eddie wheeling out the vacuum.

"Eddie you wanna wake her?" He asked pointing at the baby sleeping peacefully.

"Jamie if we just continue with normal life instead of trying to be quiet she won't be such a sensitive sleeper

"Jamie if we just continue with normal life instead of trying to be quiet she won't be such a sensitive sleeper." She said unwrapping the cord.

"Where'd you read that?" He asked.

"It's common sense." She said.

"Okay sorry." He said and dropped it, he guessed it did make sense. He turned around to see if she woke up when the vacuum started and it didn't, he was surprised.
———

An hour had gone by and Eddie was showing Jamie how to make a formula bottle to feed Alaina. The doctor suggested it would be a good idea to breast feed and do formula because Eddie wasn't producing too much extra milk and the option for Jamie to feed her would be a big help in the middle of the night or so Eddie could run errands whenever she wanted.

"Sh sh shhhh." Jamie said swaying side to side with her in his arms as she cried waiting to be fed.

"Alright I know sweetie, mommy's taking forever...I am still new at this." Eddie said trying to hurry up.

"I don't think she cares." Jamie laughed and said, Eddie shrugged and smiled as she tested to temperature on her wrist.

"Alright that's good. Here." She handed him the bottle and he went and sat down on the couch, he put the bottle in the screaming baby's mouth and she gagged on it. It scared Jamie and he took it out.

"Well don't do that.." he said scared.

"Ha...honey she's never had it. Don't just shove it in her mouth. Here..." Eddie said laughing she sat down and took the bottle. She positioned the bottle to seem like it was coming from Jaimes chest and gently swiped it along her cheek toward her mouth. Her lips curled up toward the nipple wanting it.

"See you have to make it seem like a boob the doctor said, until she's used to taking both." Eddie said watching her suck on the bottle.

"Makes sense." Jamie said and took over holding the bottle. They sat and watched her drink and then Eddie said she had to finish the laundry. She got up to fold it on their bed.