Delivery

Monday July 11th 2022

2:15am...

"Jamie! Wake up!" Eddie said standing over him as he was asleep on the couch.

"Hm?" He mumbled with his eyes still shut.

"Wake up!" Eddie punched his shoulder and his eyes bugged open.

"What babe?" He asked and sat up.

"My water broke when I got up to pee!" Eddie said.

"For real!? We got two weeks yet!" Jaime said confused and got up quick.

"Well he doesn't care. Can you call Nicky to come stay with Lain? I want to shower quick." Eddie said.

"She's out of town remember?" Jamie said.

"Crap." Eddie said and stared blankly in thought.

"Joe?" Jamie asked.

"Yes! Ugh god I hope he isn't working." Eddie said nervous. Jamie got his phone and started calling him.

"Hey, sorry I woke you. So Eddies water broke and we had originally planned on Nicky staying with Alaina..-" Jamie said.

"But she's out of state... I'll be there in 15 minutes." Joe finished his sentence and said.

"Thanks man." Jamie said and hung up.

"He's coming. Go shower, I'll get the bags in the car." Jamie told her. She went back to the room to do so. Jamie's heart started racing as he gathered the stuff, he couldn't help but wonder if he was forgetting anything.

15 minutes went by and Joe had just gotten there.

"Feel free to sleep on the couch, the monitors out here so you'll here when she wakes up. I wrote down everything her day consists of here..." Eddie handed him a paper.

"Great. I'm sure I'll be fine." He said assuringly.

"You will. Ready?" Jamie looked at Eddie and she nodded, you could tell she was nervous.

"Alright well good luck, we'll be in touch." Joe said as they left the apartment.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked when Jamie stopped and pressed the elevator button.

"Taking the elevator?" He asked.

"No." Eddie said shaking her heads with wide eyes of fear.

"No? Why?" He half laughed.

"Too many movies of women giving birth in an elevator. Nope. Not today." Eddie said and pulled Jamie's hand toward the staircase. He laughed and they started down 9 flights of stairs.

"Huh. Hold on." Eddie stopped in the middle of the 5th stair case. Out of breath, grasping the railing.

"You okay?" He asked concerned at her wincing face.

"No. We have to go." She said.

"Alright well we got 4 flights..." Jamie said.

"I know. I know." She said and coaxed herself along to go again.

"Is it bad?" Jamie wondered.

"No but I didn't have this intense of a contraction until we were at the hospital with Lainey. Just seems like it's moving quickly." She said.

"Well isn't that normal? After the first they come faster?" He asked.

"Yeah." She answered.

"Great." He said trying not to freak out.
———

Once they got to the hospital they got Eddie right to a room and checked her. She was 6cm dilated and in a lot of pain. She wanted an epidural as soon as possible and so she got it. She felt a lot better and tried to sleep before it got crazy. Jamie even laid down and took a nap. The nurses were in and out, waking both of them up each time even though they tried to be quiet.

2 hours later Eddie was up and ready to get this baby out. Jamie had went to get her more ice chips.

"Your at 10 centimeters Eddie, time to go!" The nurse said and paged the doctor.

"Woah woah wait, my husband will be back in a second." She panicked.

"Oh don't worry, doctors gonna be a couple minutes and we gotta prep you." She told her, relieving her thoughts.

Jamie came back and saw all the hub bub as he entered the room.

"What happened!? Is everything okay!?" He asked.

"Everything's fine honey, I'm 10cm so it's baby time!" She said.

"Oh, okay, awesome." He said and set the ice chips aside. The doctor came in and got gloved up. Eddie was having an intense contraction and telling them she had to push.

"Hold on Eddie relax." The nurse told her. Jamie came by her side and held her hand.

"No I have to!" She shouted.

"Eddie your doing great but we gotta wait for the next one okay? Looks like there about every 20 seconds? Oh yeah...he's ready." The doctor said when he sat down in front of her ready to deliver.

"Huh yeah he is!" She snarled back. The nurse laid a wet rag on her head and said he'll be here soon.

"Alright big deep breathe get ready." The doctor told her. She listened and grabbed Jamie's hand a little tighter. He kissed her forehead.

"You got it babe." He whispered.

"1, 2, 3 push!" The doctor said and she did.

"That was great! Keep that up he'll be here in no time!" He added.

"Huh...oh my god." She relaxed and caught her breath.

"Good job." Jamie told her.

"And again..!" The doctor said.

After 8 minutes of pushing...

"Wahhhh ahhh ahhh!" The cries of a helpless little baby filled the room.

"Congrats mama! There's your baby!" The nurse helped lay him on her chest and she lost it, crying, catching her breath and trying to see him all at once.

"You did it Janko..!" Jamie said and gave her a kiss.

"Ugh. Oh my god." She said wiping her eyes. The nurse cleaned him off and unbuttoned Eddies gown to lay him on her chest. He was whimpering and crying. He sounded cold and hungry.

"Aww he's got so much hair!" Eddie pointed out. Jamie smiled and looked at him.

"Shhh it's okay buddy." He told him and let him grasp his finger.

"Shhhh..." Eddie also said to him.

An hour later they were told the waiting room had a lot of family members waiting to see them and the baby. Jamie left to go get Alaina along with everyone else.

"Ready?" Jamie asked peeking in the door when he came back.

"Yes." Eddie said. Everyone entered the room. Alaina's face lit up when she saw her mom.

"Hi sweetie! Come see who mommy's holding.." Eddie said. Jamie let her sit on the bed. The rest of the family got closer, in awe at the newborns sweetness.

"Baby." Alaina pointed at his face.

"Yeah this is your baby brother Lain...the baby that was in mommy's belly!" Eddie explained. Alaina was confused, she was only 15 months.

"Does he have a name?" Frank asked.

"He does." Jamie said and looked at Eddie.

"Lainey can you say Ryan?" Eddie asked her, announcing the name.

"Awww I love that!" Erin said.

"Ryan Jameson Reagan." Jamie added. Everyone loved it. Eddie handed off Ryan to Jamie to pass around for everyone to hold him. She was very tired but so happy he was finally here.
———
Yayyyy baby Ryan is here! Labor started out a little scary but they made it through! They are going to have their hands full from now on out with Alaina being little yet too and not understanding much yet.