Forgiveness

The next day...

Everyone was sitting down at the table eating, it was quiet. Danny was still pissed at Eddie from last night. No one else except Jamie knew what happened.

"So Jamie you ready to bust Mandino and his gang with me and Danny?" Joe asked Jamie across the table unaware of it being a sore subject. Jamie felt awkward right away.

"Oh actually it's Jamie and Eddie going under." Danny added in being an ass. Frank and pop looked at each other confused and concerned. Eddie shook her head frustratedly and embarrassed.

"Oh I didn't-" Joe started to say also confused, but got cut off.

"Your helping bust Mandino Eddie? I don't think that's a great idea. Their one of the biggest illegal gun dealers on the streets right now" Erin said.

"Are you serious, Danny you can't let her do that?!" Pop said at her like she was crazy. Eddie knew it was crazy and didn't say anything she was embarrassed.

"Pop.." Frank said so he'd stop.

"Mhm." Danny said taking a bite of food.

"Francis?" Pop says all riled up like he had a hand in this.

"Well when she threatens to go to IAB for discrimination it doesn't give me much choice." Danny said and everyone looked at each other completely shocked. Eddie couldn't look at anyone. Jamie put his hand on her back.

"Actually Danny we talked about it and she's gonna sit back and watch the monitors in the van if that's okay with you." Jamie told him nicely. Danny shook his head like a smart ass knowing he was the right one in all this.

"Alright what am I missing here?" Frank asked looking at Eddie and Danny. Eddie picked her head up and looked at him somber.

"I wanted to go undercover with Jamie when they bust them. I figured if he had a girl with him maybe he wouldn't look as suspicious." Eddie explained.

"I just miss putting bad guys away. All I do now is write tickets and help people with directions." She said letting out a breath.

"I didn't become a cop to rescue cats from trees or tell John Smith he can't park infront of a fire hydrant." She added getting frustrated. Everyone was quiet because Jamie was making a face to be easy on her. Everyone knew she has been a little hormonal lately being pregnant.

"Eddie can I say something?" Frank asked.

"Sure." She said blankly.

"This job...it has stages. You start off having to learn from the ground up doing regular everyday patrol. Then you get it, and you get good at at. Down the road the opportunity may come to get promoted and move up the ladder. Whether you take the stripes or don't take them...your still always going to be respected for the uniform you wear. But Eddie parenthood... that's another set of stripes that not everyone gets to earn. A set of stripes that you should never jeopardize." Frank said. Everyone was quiet as they let that soke in. Eddie starts crying of course. Jamie has his arm around her, he rubs her shoulder with his fingers and gives her a hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek.

"I know." She said through her tears and then was embarrassed she excused herself. Jamie followed her out. They sat on the steps. Danny came out looking upset.

"Can I talk to her a sec." he asked Jamie. He got up and left them alone. Eddie wiped her tears.

"Listen. I'm sorry for being a jackass back there. It's just, the last thing I want is to put another Reagan in danger, especially when they're carrying an additional Reagan with them." He said pointing to her stomach. It made her smile a little.

"Eddie. Aside from Joe being brought into this family...you and Jamie adding a baby has been the best news I think this family has ever heard since Linda passed. You guys are bringing new life and blood to the table, literally, and I couldn't let anything happen to that." Danny said getting a little choked up. Eddies tears turned to happy tears when she saw Danny was also getting emotional. He pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry for freaking out. It was completely uncalled for. I should have never tried to put myself on a case just because it was Jamie. It won't happen again." She said.

"I appreciate the apology...but I still think we could use you in the van." He smiled.

"I'd be honored." She said. They got up and went back to the table to finish eating.

"All good?" Frank asked.

"All good." Eddie said and looked at Danny.

"We're great." Danny said and smiled.