New Partner

Monday October 3rd 2022
———
Eddie decided it was best if she returned to work. She'd be on day tours, kinda doing a part time thing and only working 1 Saturday a month. Until they found a babysitter or daycare they liked, pop would be watching the girls at their apartment.

"I'm so anxious to go back." Eddie said as she curled her hair in the bathroom mirror. Jamie was in the shower. It was 7am, Pop was coming at 7:30. Ryan was sleeping again after being up from 2-4 and Lainey was watching paw patrol in the living room.

"Well that's normal but don't be. Everyone's excited to have you back." Jamie said.

"Yeah I know. Any more info on my new partner?" She asked.

"No. All I know is she just graduated the academy and her names Casey Reed." Jamie said.

"I just can't believe I'm now considered a veteran cop..." Eddie said amazed. Jamie turned the water off and flung the shower curtain open. Eddies eyes widened at his naked body, he grabbed his towel and noticed her wandering eyes.

"Yeah well...it's all about the experience..." he smirked and winked at her. She blushed and set down the curling iron. He wrapped his towel around his waist just as she pressed her lips on his. There kisses were so passionate, Eddie attempted to undo his towel but he pulled away and laughed.

"Easy there...not now..." he said and left the bathroom.

"Oh come on Jamie...!" She said pleading. He couldn't help but laugh as he got dressed.

"Pops gonna be here any second, Lainey's up, and you got a half head of hair you gotta curl yet." He said motioning his hands.

"Ugh your no fun anymore!" She said picking up the iron again.

"Whattt? Yes I am." He said and came to stand in the doorway, he wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Remeber when we used to go all night! Wake up, have breakfast, do it all over again?!" Eddie said.

"Ha yeah. There's a saying for that...oh what is it...oh right...before kids!" He told her smiling but also serious. She rolled her eyes and smirked.

"I know. Huh. Sometimes I just wish we could go back to that for a day." Eddie said.

"Yeah...oh well, we had our fun. Times are different." Jamie told her and got dressed.

"I know. But man...I mean, remember the first couple times we did it?" Eddie said grinning.

"Ha, yes...hard to forget." Jamie added.

"I just remember afterward I always felt so dirty. Like it was wrong." Eddie explained.

"Why? We were engaged." Jamie asked.

"Yeah but you were such a goody goody." Eddie laughed.

"Huh, no I wasn't...!" Jamie defended.

"Jamie...when we went to that wedding and had to stay at that hotel...you didn't even want to share the same bed for the night!" Eddie said defending her point.

"Because you get flirty when you drink, I didn't wanna take any chances, so I slept on the couch. Besides, we were just partners then."Jamie reminded.

"I do not get flirty when I drink!" She said appalled.

"Right, your just always flirty." Jamie joked and ran off laughing before she could playfully hit him. She shook her head smiling, maybe she was always flirty.

"Lainey...?" Jamie called out in the apartment, she wasn't on the couch where he left her. He immediately checked the bathroom.

"Alaina Grace!" He raised his voice witnessing she had unrolled the whole toilet paper roll. She jumped in fear, dropped it and ran toward him crying.

"I'm sorry sweetie but we don't do that...!" He said and picked her up.

"What happened?" Eddie came out and asked. Jamie stepped aside and let her see for herself.

"Huhhh! Lainey...!" She said disappointed. Making her cry even harder and hid her face on Jamie's shoulder.

"Shh." He rubbed her back and said, she was so sad. Eddie cocked her head and went back to their bathroom.

A couple moments later pop arrived, and Alaina was settled down eating breakfast. Jamie got Ryan up and changed while Eddie went over everything with pop.

"Alright. Ready?" Jamie asked as he handed him off to pop and stood beside Eddie ready to leave for work.

"Yeah..." she said looking at her baby in pops arms, happy as a clam, and Lainey drinking the last of her milk.

"Bye Lainey, be good okay? I'll see you later." Eddie knelt down for a kiss on the cheek and then went to Ryan.

"You too little man, be good." Eddie touched her little hand and kissed his forehead, a tear ran down her cheek. Pop and Jamie exchanged faces.

"C'mon babe. He'll be fine." Jamie said and rubbed her shoulders. She nodded and headed to the door. Gave one last look and then Jamie shut the door behind them.
——
Once they got to the precinct and Eddie saw all her co workers she sorta forgot about her kids at home.

She headed to roll call and looked around the room for this new officer, Casey she was being partnered with while Jamie was doing roll call. She didn't see any new girl.

"Davis." Jamie called out for roll call.

"Here" a women replied.

"Janko...welcome back." He said seriously, keeping it professional.

"Thank you sir." She said grinning.

"Taylor." Jamie continued.

"Here" a man said.

"Reed..." Jamie called out aware this was the new officer and Eddies new partner.

"Here." A deep voice replied. Jamie looked up at the voice, confused it wasn't a women.

"Welcome to the 2-9" he said and swallowed hard before he continued.

When he was done he went over the day ahead and assigned posts.

"Reed, you'll be riding with Janko..."

"Jarvis your with me. Roll call dismissed." He said and everyone dispersed out the door.

"I'm guessing your Janko?" Casey said approaching her.

"Good guess. Yes, nice to meet you." She shook his hand and smiled. Jamie watched the interaction from distance. He didn't like it. He was a young, good looking guy, smiling too hard at his wife.
————
Ooooo a jealous Jamie!? What the heck is going on here. Maybe he regrets her going back to work being a good idea haha. And How do you think pop will do watching the kids during the day?