Going to the Chapel

Easter Sunday April 9th 2023

The week had calmed down. Eddie somehow survived driving with Draves and starting Monday she was being transferred to another house. Casey and Eddie would be back to riding together

"Eddie did you say there were b-a-s-k-e-t-s somewhere we had to take along?" Jamie hollered from the hall closet looking for whatever Eddie was talking about.

"No they're at your dads already I said there's a bag of c-a-n-d-y for the b-a-s-k-e-t-s in the closet that we have to take to add to everyone else's." She answered as she finished up getting Ryan dressed in his cute Easter outfit.

"A B C..." Alaina started saying the alphabet making them laugh.

"Oh my." He said smiling at her and putting the bag Eddie was talking about by the door with the diaper bag.

"Alright little man is all ready to go." Eddie said coming out of his room.

"Look how big he looks all dressed up." Jamie pointed out.

"I know! As long as he keeps this bow tie on for at least one picture I'll be happy." Eddie said. Jamie got Alaina and the bags and off they went to Frank's.

"Hello?" Jamie answered a phone call soon after they got in the car.

"Really...!?" He said and looked at Eddie with wide eyes.

"What!?" Eddie wanted to know.

"Well thanks for the heads up man...it'll be great...yup, can't wait...bye." Jamie hung up.

"Joes bringing Cassidy..." he told Eddie.

"Oooo! Must be getting serious! Ugh she's gotta be so nervous." Eddie said.

"Well...he's apparently proposing...after dinner...during the egg hunt." Jamie told her knowing she was going to freak out excited he braced himself.

"WHAT!!?" She jumped up in her seat and punched Jamie in the arm.

"Woah woah" he started laughing holding his hand up and trying to not get hit.

"Was that Joe or who!?" She wondered.

"Yeah he said beings he couldn't give us the heads up at church this morning he wanted to make sure we knew." Jamie explained.

"Awww that's so exciting!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Yeah I hope we like her." Jamie said.

"We will. If he likes her that much we will too." Eddie said.
——

When they got to the house the kids were easily distracted playing with Nikki and Sean. Eddie, Erin and Pop were finishing up the easter baskets for the grandkids.

"So do we know the plan for the proposal?" Erin asked pop.

"All I know is he wants to work it into the egg hunt somehow." Pop said.

"Oh okay. Have you ever met her?" Erin asked.

"Yeah what's she like!?" Eddie added.

"Only once, he stopped in to pick up something his dad had that he wanted." Pop said.

"Well what does she look like!?" Eddie asked.

"Lots of questions." Frank said coming in to see how they were making out.

"She's got kinda long dirty blonde hair, nice smile, little shorter then Joe." Pop said trying to give them all the information he knew for them.

"Sounds pretty." Erin said.