Eddie Goes Out

Friday September 10th 2021

Alaina has been giving these two a run for their money the past few days with this whole teething thing. She had been basically exploding every time she pooped. It just goes up her back or out the side, it's just a mess. She has diaper rash from going so much too so she's just a fussy clingy mess. The only way she naps is in the swing or on one of them. Nicole had even struggled to get her to sleep in her crib.

"She's like bleeding! I don't think this diaper rash cream works for her." Eddie said changing her explosion on the changing table in her room. Eddie was irritable, tired and Jamie could see it. She was doing it all herself while he had been at work all day.

"Eddie I think you need to get out of the house." Jamie said watching Eddie change Alainas dirty outfit.

"I go to work almost everyday?" Eddie said snipping back at him.

"No like go get a drink with Hailey or something. When's the last time you talked to her?" Jamie asked watching Eddie put the new diaper on.

"I haven't talked to her in forever." She said as an excuse.

"Perfect time then. Shoot her a text, see if she'd be up for it." Jamie told her. She didn't say anything she just finished getting Alaina dressed into pajamas. She couldn't keep her little fist and fingers out of her mouth she was chewing and drooling all over.

Eddie picked Lainey up and took her out to go in the jumper. She immediately started crying when she put her down.

"Huh. Alaina..." Eddie said putting her hand on her forehead sighing. Jamie could tell she was done.

"Eddie, I got her. Go text Hailey. Seriously. You need a break." Jamie told her and stopped her from picking her up. Eddie didn't hesitate too much and got her phone from the counter.

"Hey, you're alright Lainey. Shh." Jamie said walking around the apartment with her.

An hour later Eddie came out dressed and ready to go out for a drink with Hailey. Jamie was sitting on the couch watching tv with Alaina.

"This isn't too much right?" She asked

"This isn't too much right?" She asked. She had on jeans, boots, and a jean jacket with a black shirt under it.

"You look beautiful. Like always." He told her. She smiled and walked over to him.

"Thank you for this." She said with a kiss and left.
———

Jamie had went to bed at 8:30pm after he finally got Alaina to sleep in her crib. It took him an hour but he did it.

Jamie woke up at 10:58pm to Alaina needing a bottle. Eddie still wasn't home and she hadn't texted Jamie at all. He thought she'd be home by 10, she needed to sleep.

He fed Alaina and picked up his phone debating whether or not to text her. He didn't want to come across as worried or jealous or anything close. Because he wasn't, he wanted her to go out.