Scary

Same day

The car ride home was quiet. They just had to tell Jenn her boyfriend/babies father died from the shooting after having complications. Eddie was upset and cried the whole way home to herself.

"It's all part of the job Eddie." Jamie rubbed her back but kept driving.

"It sucks." Eddie said wiping her eyes.

"It does." Jamie said and kept trying to comfort Eddie.

They got home and Eddie went straight to the bathroom. Pop had watched Alaina for the. Jamie told him brief details about what happened and then he left them alone. Eddie wasn't up for conversation.

"Eddie he left." He called through the door holding Lainey. She didn't respond, he just heard her crying.

"There's a little girl out here that wants to see you..." Jamie persuaded. That made her open the door. Alaina's face lit up when she saw Eddie and she reached out for her to hold her. Eddie hugged her so tight and sat down on the couch with her. She was taking this so hard on her heart.

"I have an idea." Jamie sat next to her and said.

"Hm?" She asked snuggling Lainey in her chest.

"How bout...we get her to bed early tonight and then you and I can take a nice long shower together...?" Jamie suggested and rested his hand on her thigh.

"I can give you a massage...does your back still hurt?" Jamie asked.

"Everyday." She said.

"What do ya say?" Jamie asked. She thought about it and then shook her head yes.

2 hours had passed, Alaina was sound asleep. They finished their shower and were in bed now. Jamie rubbed lotion all over Eddies back and legs. One thing led to another and Eddie wasn't even thinking about the day. Jamie did an excellent job distracting her.

When they got done Eddie went to the bathroom to pee and then she was exhausted and ready to sleep. Jamie got up and put his boxers back on. Eddie frantically opened the bathroom door.

"We have to go to the hospital!" Eddie said.

"Why!?" Jamie was caught of guard.

"I'm bleeding!" She said and got dressed immediately.

"What does that mean?! Is that bad?!" Jamie asked panicked now too.

"I could be having a miscarriage." Eddie said putting her clothes on. Sh started getting upset, and was shaking. Jamie immediately called his dad, needing someone to stay with the baby.

Jamie and Eddie took Franks detail to the hospital, it was the quickest way...lights and sirens. When they got there they took Eddie right back to look at. As the women was setting up for the ultrasound Jamie held Eddies hand and she prayed out loud to god that he wouldn't take this baby from her.

"Okay, Eddie I need you to relax. Take a deep breath, let's see what's going on." The technichian said and ran the doppler over her stomach. The babies heart was beating loud and clear.

"He's okay, do you here his heart?" She asked
Eddie calmly. 

"Huh! Oh thank god." Eddie was so relieved. The weight on her chest was lifted and she cried happy tears. Jamie bent down to hug her. She hugged him tightly back and her tears stuck to his shoulder.

"You said you had just had intercourse right before the bleeding?" The women asked.

"Yes." Eddie answered and the women looked at Jamie.

"It's possible it was just too rough or you weren't lubricated enough. It's just scar bleeding if it's bright red." She suggested. Eddie smirked at Jamie.

"Sorry babe." He smirked back. They made the technician laugh.

"Alright well go easy from now on alright? Any questions? Feel free to call or stop in!" She said and got her things to leave.

"Ha, thanks." Jamie said. Eddie sat up, got dressed and they went home.

Frank was up, nervously waiting for them to return home.

"So...?" He asked.

"Baby's fine." Jamie told him right away.

"Good. I was praying all night for yous." He said and gave Eddie a hug.

"Thank you so much." She said.

"Did they know why?" He wondered. Eddie wasn't about to answer that question, she let that for Jamie.

"Ha...yeah...guess I gotta go slower with sex now." Jamie laughed.

"Oh! Okay then. Sorry." Frank felt awkward and said he'd better get going before pop wakes up. They locked the door behind him and headed to bed. Right when they laid down and got comfy Alaina started crying.

"I don't even care. She can sleep with us." Eddie said and left to get her. Jamie completely understood why she felt that way.

"Say life is way too short to try and be perfect." Eddie told her when she came back in the room.

"You're right." Jamie said and took Alaina from Eddie so she could lie down and get situated.

"Okay, come here sweetie. You lay with mommy and go night night." Eddie snuggled with her and kissed her forehead. Jamie kissed both of them goodnight and then closed his eyes to go to sleep.

"Jamie." Eddie called out in the room silence (other then the sound of Alaina sucking on her binky)

"Hm?" Jamie said.

"I think I wanna stay home with our kids... all the time." She confessed.