Babysitters?

—————
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR ALL THE RECENT FEEDBACK, KEEP IT COMING!
It literally makes my day!
—————
2.5 weeks later

Eddie climbed the steps to her precinct out of breath by the time she reached the top, the sun was beating and it was hotter then fire out.

"Geez little girl you are giving mommy a run for her money." She said looking down at her 6 week old awake in the car seat. She walked through the doors and everyone was so happy and excited to see her, immediately drawing attention to Alaina bringing a breath of fresh air to the whole precinct.

"She's so beautiful!" The officer at the front desk said.

"Thank you!" Eddie said smiling, another asked what her name was again.

"Alaina, we call her Lainey or Laina for short though." Eddie said and loved how much everyone was interested in her. A couple officers entered the building each holding onto perps in handcuffs. Eddie moved along and headed for Jamie's office, not wanting her daughter anywhere near them.

"Knock knock." She said and stood at Jamie's door only to see him and Joe sitting down talking.

"Oh hey, sorry am I interrupting..?" She said feeling awkward.

"Hey no, what are you doing down here?" Jamie got up and kissed her quick.

"I wanted to bring her in to show to everyone...what are you doing over here?" Eddie asked Joe.

"Ha I know I am way out of my norm. But uh yeah, Jamie's got a perp who's alibi connects to a guy I've been trying to bust for weeks so we're working together on it." Joe explained.

"Aw that's fun! Damn I miss work..." Eddie said and then Alaina started making noises in the car seat she set beside her.

"2 more weeks, It'll go quick." Jamie said and looked at his baby.

"I know ugh." Eddie said and then her phone rang.

"I should take this." Eddie said and excused herself from the room.

When she came back she had a different look on her face.

"Everything good?" Jamie asked.

"That was Nikki, she can't watch Lainey tomorrow anymore, she has a mandatory meeting." Eddie said sighing.

"Aw well, we can call someone else, that's the beauty of having family close by." Jamie told her not worried.

"On a Thursday morning? I'm pretty sure everyone's working. It's fine I'll just have to take her with me..." she said not excited about the idea.

"Tomorrow morning? What time? I'm free." Joe said.

"Really!? Just from 9-11ish when Jamie gets home, I have a doctors appointment so not sure how long it will be." She said hoping Joe could work that.

"Oh Eddie I don't know-" Jamie was unsure about this idea. Joes never watched her.

"Yeah I can watch her, I work the evening." Joe said.

"Perfect! Thank you so much!" Eddie was relieved.

"Eddie I-" Jamie started to say again.

"Jamie he is the god father he'll be great! He's gotta learn anyway!" Eddie said.

"Okay okay you're right." Jamie said shutting up.

"Would you like to try and take care of a baby while the gynecologist is all up inside you!?" Eddie said defending herself.