Cloudy Judgement

Saturday 1 month later.

"I don't want Jamie going undercover alone." Eddie said standing in front of Espinoza's desk.

"Janko he's a sergeant. He's been on the job-" Eddie cut him off.

"I don't care. The guys gonna know. He needs an accessory. He needs me!" She said frustrated.

"You wanna help? Don't talk to me, you need to talk to the detective on the case." He told her. She was relieved she might actually get to do this.

"Alright who's running it?" She asked ready to go talk to him.

"Danny Reagan." He said. Eddie glared and walked out of the room. Of course. She stormed off to her car and drove over to the 5-4. She busted in and went straight to his desk.

"Janko? What are you doing over here?" Danny asked her looking up from his desk.

"I wanna help with the Mandino case." She told him. He sat back and looked at her.

"Alright, you can sit in the van and watch." He told her.

"No. I want to go under with Jamie. There gonna make him, he needs an accessory. He needs me." She explained.

"He'll be fine. It's a gun bust. He gets in, makes a deal, we go in and grab him. Case closed." Danny said.

"Wait, just your going in?" She questioned.

"No well have a unit with us. Joe's running it, FIU has to be there." He said.

"I still think he needs arm candy." Eddie argued.

"Eddie your not going in." He said.

"WHY NOT!?" She raised her voice. Danny looked around at everyone looking. He got up and took her to a separate room. He shut the door and curtain.

"Your not putting yourself or that baby in danger. Be smart. It's not a good idea. Does Jamie even know your down here right now?" He asked her.

"No." She said.

"I think you should talk to him before you talk to me." He said firmly.

"I'm tired of writing speeding tickets, watching people get really bad guys off the street. I want to be apart of it." She told him.

"Eddie." He said calmly wanting her to relax.

"Let me in on the case or I'll go to IAB for discriminating against a pregnant women." She threatened. Danny was pissed she was being like this, he took a second to think.

"You know what fine. But your wearing a tracker, your wearing a mic and a vest!" Danny told her and left the room. Eddie was proud of herself. She left to go home.

Jamie was sitting on the couch having a beer when Eddie got home.

"Hey" Jamie said when she walked in the door.

"Hii" she replied taking off her coat and putting down her purse.

"How was your day?" He asked. She opened the fridge looking for something to eat.

"Pretty gooood" she said.

"There's a steak sandwich in there for you." He told her.

"Aww thanks honey. I'm starving." She said and brought it with her to the couch.

"Your getting home a little late?" Jamie questioned.

"Eh not really." She said taking a bite of the sandwhich.

"Danny called me..." Jamie said. Eddies face froze, he wasn't happy, she could tell by his voice. She didn't look at him.

"Eddie what are you thinking?" Jamie said.

"Jamie what did he say." She asked first.

"Uh that you stormed in and demanded to work the case with me or you'd go to IAB!" He was frustrated with her.

"Yeah okay." She said still not really making eye contact but he was looking at her.

"Okay what Eddie? Tell me that's not true then." He told her. She didn't say anything and she didn't really know what to say.

"That's what I thought. Your not working the case. I don't care that Danny agreed to it, the only reason he agreed was because you threatened him. Your not doing it." He told her and got up with the empty beer bottle to throw it in the trash. Eddie was pissed and got up to go after him.

"Yes I am!" She said. Jamie turned around standing probably 10 feet away from her and just looked at her. He didn't want her to get hurt and now that she was pregnant it made him even more protective.

"I'm not arguing about this with you. You're pregnant Eddie!" He shouted.

"I know that! I spend the first 3 months with my head in the toilet and handing out parking tickets! I want to get real bad guys off the street!" She yelled back at him, Jamie walked closer to her now seeing her point a little more.

"Then you can sit and watch in the van with Danny and help bring them in after they clear the house and make sure it's safe." Jamie told her nicely. She didn't say anything, she was upset. She shook her head and went to their room. Jamie didn't go after her right away he let each of them take a minute to calm down.

After a minute or 2 he went to their bedroom to see Eddie in her pajamas getting her pillow and a blanket off the bed.

"Eddie. What are you doing?" He asked. She didn't say anything she walked out past him and out to the couch. Jamie watched her make a bed.

"Eddie." He said, but she still ignored him. He walked over to her and grabbed her wrist so she'd stop and look at him. It worked. She looked at Jamie who just looked back at her. She started crying. Jamie wrapped his arms around her and let her cry. He realized she was starting to have more mood swings lately and that she couldn't always help it.

"I'm sorry, I'm just tired and it was a long day..." She cried into his chest, realizing she was out of line. He rubbed her back and told her it was okay. Her acting out like this half scared her.

"C'mon let's go to bed." He said and took her to their room to get some sleep.