It's About Time

Saturday, July 18th 2020

It was 2 weeks since Jamie had gotten shot. He was going good, almost 100% back to normal with the help of Eddie and the rest of the family. Linda and Erin made some meals for them, Nikki made a few desserts to send over also, and between Frank, Danny, and Joe, one of them called to see how he was doing everyday. He didn't mind that though, he wanted to hear about the cases they were working beings he was out of it for the time being.

Today was Jamie and Eddies 2nd wedding anniversary. Eddie worked 8-5, and Jamie worked 6-4. It was his first full day back, so he was excited but going to have to take it easy.

Eddie got up at 6:30 alone. She was due for her period soon and was on edge waiting for it but obviously not wanting it to come. She made her way to the bathroom to take what felt like the 100th pregnancy test of the year. She wasn't expecting a positive, they slacked a little this month because of Jamie's injury. Knowing they had to wait another month to try again was depressing.

She got in the bathroom, grabbed a test from the box and ripped it open. She sat down, peed on it set it aside to wash her hands and face while she waited for the negative.

She dried her face and glanced at the test to see it still "loading". She carried it with her to the kitchen and set it on the counter while she poured a cup of coffee. She brought the hot mug to her mouth for a sip and on the corner of her eye noticed the test was done. She choked on her coffee taking a double take at it, as it had read "pregnant"! She slammed her coffee cup down on the counter almost spilling it, and picked up the test with both hands. She stared at it in shock, her jaw dropping to the floor. She starting bawling her eyes out like baby, she didn't even care, she was so happy. She started to think about how she would tell Jamie, tonight would be perfect, it was their anniversary!

She got out a piece of paper and a thick black sharpie with a few colored pens she had found. She wrote "Baby Reagan has FINALLY been recruited." She was smiling ear to ear reading over it as she decorated it with the colored pens. She folded it in half and took it to their bedroom with the test. She took a minute to think where she should hide it without Jamie finding it. She decided in her jean drawer, she put it all the way on the bottom, Jamie would have to work hard to find it. She got ready for work, not breaking her smile once, her cheeks hurt.

She got to the precinct and had no idea how she wasn't gonna spill the beans to Jamie or smile like a school girl who just had her first kiss. She walked straight to the locker rooms, trying to avoid him at all costs as long as she could. She made it to roll call and out to her rmp without Jamie finding her. She was relieved.

"Hey!" Jamie yelled from behind her.

"Shit, so close." She thought and turned around smiling like fool. Jamie approached her  and went for a hug.

"Happy anniversary beautiful." He said to her face and followed it up with a kiss.

"Happy anniversary...I missed you this morning!" She said beings it was the first time in 2 weeks he wasn't there when she woke up.

"I know sorry, didn't wanna wake you and I wanted to make sure I got out in time to cook you something delicious tonight." Jamie told her.

"Awh. Well I'm excited." She said smiling.

"Me too, well, I gotta get back to work, be safe out there." He said and kissed her cheek.

"I always am." She said and got in the drivers seat. They drove off and Eddie hoped today wouldn't be the day she got shot or something, that would really throw a wrench into all this.

7 hours later

Jamie got home with a bag of groceries in hand filled with some things he needed to make dinner. Eddie would be home in an hour, he thought he better get started. He was going to make herb crusted chicken, a parmesan vegetable blend, caesar salad and garlic bread.

It was 5pm on the dot when someone knocked at the door, Eddie would be home soon, he didn't have time for a visitor but he opened the door. It was his nephew Joe dressed in street clothes.

"Hey.." Jamie said a little confused.

"Hey, didn't know if you wanted to go out for a drink or something? I was close by so figured I'd just stop by and see what you were up to. How's the arm?" He said.

"It's good, today was my first day back work. But tonight's not really a good night, it's actually Eddie and I's anniversary, I'm making her dinner...but hey another time! I'll give you a call and we'll go get that drink." Jamie said,  he felt bad, he'd only spent Sunday dinners with him and it would be nice to get to know him more 1 on 1 sometime he just picked the wrong night.

"Oh hey no problem man, give me a call though for sure! Sorry to interrupt." Joe said observing the romantic table set up looking over Jamie's shoulder as he put his number in.

"Your good, I'll see you Sunday?." Jamie assumes.

"Yeah I'll be there." He said.

"Alright cool, see ya then." Jamie said sending Joe off and shutting the door. He got back to the kitchen, he turned the oven off and made their plates with everything. It looked good, he set them on the table and then opened the champagne pouring it into their glasses. He turned on some music and now waited for his bride to arrive.

Eddie couldn't wait to get home and tell Jamie the news, it felt like the longest day of her life. She got to their door and unlocked it quickly, she was already smiling. She opened the door to see Jamie standing at the fancy table waiting for her.

"Oh my...honey it smells amazing!" She said smiling ear to ear. She put her bags down and walked over for a hug.

"Thank you, are you hungry?" He asked her after giving her a kiss.

"Yes of course, I've been waiting all day for this. Just let me go to the bathroom quick and I'll be ready." She said letting go of him and going off to their room.

"I'll be here." He said winking and smiling at her. She got to their room and opened the drawer she hid the test and paper she wrote on. How was she supposed to just bring this out to him? She wanted him to open it like a gift, so she opened up a bin they had under the bed with gift bags and paper in it. She quick put it together and carried it out with her to give to Jamie.

"Oh babe you didn't have to get me anything... I didn't get you anything" he said sweetly. She smiled.

"You got me flowers, and made me this amazing dinner." She told him pointing to the roses on the table along with the plates of food. He didn't think that counted, he smirked at her, Eddie handed over the gift she just threw together. He pulled the tissue paper off the top and pulled out the folded paper that had the test taped to the inside. Eddie couldn't stop smiling, her heart was pounding and she was already starting to cry. Jamie unfolded the paper and read it, also seeing the positive test. He whipped his head up to look at Eddie who had tears of happiness streaming down her face. He dropped the announcement on the table and grabbed her, embracing her tightly in a hug. She sobbed like a baby over his shoulder.

"Oh my god Eddie. Are you serious?!" He said getting choked up still wrapping his arms around her neck.

"Yes!" She said through her tears. He let go of her to see her face, he wiped her tears from under her eyes smiling at her, he brought her in for a deep kiss. They both laughed at this whole thing still in a little shock.

"How long have you known?" He asked her.

"Just this morning, I wasn't expecting it, I thought we slacked too much this month that we wouldn't...guess I was wrong" She explained, Jamie smiled.

"See happens when you least expect it. I knew we'd get it babe." Jamie told her. She nodded agreeing, and Jamie touched her stomach thinking about how there was a baby in there now. Eddie laughed at him.

"Wow." He said to her, looking at his hand resting on her stomach.

"Crazy right?" She said, he was at a loss of words, she just watched his face fascinated in this whole idea. He grabbed her and hugged her again he was ecstatic.

"Can we eat now haha. I'm starving." Eddie said ruining the moment. It made Jamie laugh and pull out her chair for her. He picked up her glass of champagne and put it next to his.

"Guess I'll just be drinking this then." He said sitting down across from her. She laughed and nodded. He grinned and reached his hand out across the table for her to take. They both bowed their heads and Jamie prayed over them and the baby on the way.