The Big Announcement

Date: Friday July 16th 2023
Alaina: 3 years
Ryan: 1 year

——

The next day Sunday, Eddie was sick from 4am-6am off and on. It didn't help she was anxious about telling the family they were pregnant with twins today.

Jamie was woken up my Alaina giggling and getting up in the bed.

"Ugh what are you doing?" Jamie asked, waking to her climbing all over him.

"Where's mommy?" She asked.

"I think she's in the bathroom." Jamie said, Alaina looked at the closed bathroom door and got off the bed to see.

"No Lain leave her alone, let's go watch tv." He said and got out of bed.

"Mommyyyy" she didn't listen and called through the door.

"Lainey!" Jamie raised his voice and then Eddie opened the door.

"Mommy!" Alaina wrapped her arms around her legs.

"Good morning" Eddie said trying to act fine and happy. But she was tired, and felt like crap still.

"Alaina how bout we go watch a movie, you pick." Jamie said trying to leave Eddie alone.

"That would be great honey. I'm very tired." Eddie said. Alaina listened and ran out of the bedroom excited.

"You want me to bring you anything?" Jamie asked her.

"Huh. Saltines, ginger ale. Maybe some mints or gum" she said climbing into bed.

"You got it." He left. She curled up into her warm bed, she hated feeling like this.

Just as Jamie came back with what she asked for, Ryan started crying in his room he was ready to get up too.

"I'm sorry." Eddie said upset she couldn't help Jamie at all this morning.

"Don't be. I love you. Go back to bed" he handed her her drink and kissed her forehead.
——
Jamie got Ryan up, changed, and they sat on the couch with Alaina to watch a movie until they complained they were hungry for breakfast.
——
Eddie came out feeling a lot better while Jamie was setting the kids up to eat the pancakes he made.

"Mommy!" Lainey was happy to see her, and Ryan's face lit up too.

"Good morning! Ooo daddy made pancakes!? Yum...!" She said enthusiastically and sat down with them.

"You want some...?" Jamie was confused.

"Yeah actually. I feel good." She said and handed her the plate for him to serve. Jamie was relieved that the morning sickness seemed to subside for now.
——

A couple hours later they were ready for family dinner. Both kids ready and in the car, Eddie held the plate of cookies in her lap and off they went.

Jamie reached over to Eddie, wanting to hold her hand until they got there.

"Why you nervous?" He asked as soon as he felt her warm clammy hand in his.

"What makes you say that?" She was caught of guard.

"Your hand." He said. She pulled it away and wiped it on her pants.

"Don't be nervous babe, they'll be excited."

"I know." She said.
——

When they got there Eddie reminded Lainey of the secret she had to keep until she said so. While Jamie got Ryan out, he was cranky and hungry.

"Not until mommy tells you it's not a secret anymore okay?" Eddie carried on.

"Okay!"

"Shhh" Eddie told her by showing her to stay quiet.

When they were almost at the front door Alaina was shooshing herself and saying "secret shh."

"Don't do that infront of everyone Alaina!" Jamie told her.

"Why?"

"Cause then there gonna ask what secret." He said. Eddie started smiling, shaking her head at Jamie thinking "she's gonna blow it" Jamie shrugged, wasn't much else they could do.
——

Everything was going smoothly until they all sat down for dinner.

"Alright, thank you all for coming, I know it's been a rough week for some." Frank said glancing at Jamie.

"You heard about all that?" He asked him.

"Course." He said grinning. Jamie sorta laughed thinking about the drama he had dealt with this week at his precinct and shook his head.

"Now mommy?" Alaina asked Eddie, of course in the dead silence as everyone bowed their heads to say grace.

"No." Eddie said flustered.

"Peassse" she said. Now everyone was curious. Eddie looked at Jamie.

"What?" Henry asked them.

"Should I just?" Jamie made sure Eddie was okay with him announcing it.

"I guess" she said sighing. She wanted to wait a little longer into the dinner but it was okay. Before Jamie blurted it out he made sure everyone was listening, stopping once his eyes reached back to Eddie.

"We are...expecting" he said.

"What!?"

"No way!"

"Wow!"

"Congratulations!" Everyone said over one another, Erin pulled Eddie in for a little side hug.

"Wait." Jamie said.

"Huh?"

"What?" Now he had confused them, stopping their excitement to add something else.

"Lainey how many babies are in mommy's belly?" She asked her 3 year old. Everyone's jaws about hit the floor when she said

"2!" And held up her two fingers for everyone to see.

"You're kidding!" Henry said.

"Nah uh...!?" Erin added.

"Are you serious!?" Frank asked in disbelief. Everyone was speechless, caught off guard.

"Holy...!" Danny started to say.

"Yup!" Jamie cut Danny off from cursing and everyone was hysterical, they couldn't believe it. They couldn't be more excited though!