Joe Babysits

"Hey, come on in!" Eddie said when she opened the door to let Joe in.

"Oh, guess I'm a little early?" Joe asked observing Eddie nursing Alaina under a blanket.

"Oh no not at all! I figured I'll feed her now and then she'll be good a little longer for ya. Hopefully." She said and shut the door behind him.

"I gotchya." He said and followed Eddie to the kitchen area.

"So I wrote a few things down just in case." She said and showed him the paper.

"Like how much milk she's been drinking, usually every hour and a half-2 hours. I already thawed 2 bottles out...all you have to do is stick it in here, add a little water and push the button. Just make sure it isn't too hot." She said showing him the bottles in the fridge and the bottle warmer on the counter.

"Alright that seems easy enough." He said.

"Yeah and then burp her and she'll probably be content wherever you put her, she likes the bouncy seat the most we've noticed, but you can hold her or put her on the play mat on the floor or whatever you want! She's pretty laid back." She said.

"Sounds good." He said.

"Any questions? I feel like you have a good idea of how this goes?" She said.

"Ha eh kinda, I have a buddy who's got 2 kids actually. I hangout with him pretty often. What about the whole diaper situation? Where's all that?" He asked.

"Oh, duh! Over here..." she walked to the pack and play they had set up near the bookshelves in the wall behind the one couch

"It's all right here, just throw the dirty diaper in the kitchen trash can." She told him, Joe shook his head understanding all the directions.

Eddie pulled Lainey off her and put herself away, handed her to Joe to burp and went to get her shoes on. He sat down on the couch with her and she burped right away.

"Oh good job Lainey!" She said surprised. She got her purse and went over to kiss her goodbye.

"Call me if you need anything!" Eddie told him and left.

———
20 minutes later
Eddie was in the exam room waiting for her doctor, she was thinking about Laina, hoping she was being good for Joe. She got her phone out and sent a text to Joe, just to make sure.
————
At the apartment Joe was on the phone:

"Hey Erin it's Joe. So I have a quick question, you busy?" He asked.

"Oh hi, no I am not at the moment what's up?" She asked.

"So I'm watching Alaina at Jamie and Eddies and she totally crapped up her back... what do I do with the clothes...?" he asked as he stared down at the little human confused at how she could made such a mess and be unphased.

"Ha...oh geez. I don't know if they'd keep it or not, just throw it in a plastic bag or something and let them deal with it." Erin told him laughing.

"Okay...also, when I take this off...I don't think it's possible to not get it in her hair..." Joe said thinking it through.

"Yeah I would try and pull it down over her legs instead of up, you could always just give her a bath after." Erin suggested.

"Alright. Well I'll see how it goes first..thanks." Joe said second guessing his decision to babysit already.

"No problem good luck!" Erin said and they hung up.

"Huh, okay little one. Here goes nothing..." Joe told her and got started.