Drama at the 2-9

Tuesday April 11th 2023

Eddie was riding with Casey again, they were working a double so Eddie could be off for Alainas birthday tomorrow.

It was 9pm, they were headed back to the car with coffee. When Eddie pointed out some suspicious activity across the street.

"Looks like a deal of some kind? Let's go bust them!" Casey said enthusiastically and started across the street.

"Just hold up..."Eddie had a weird feeling and looked around before she followed. There was a blacked out SUV parked nearby, tucked away. The back door opened and the guy called out Eddies name. She got closer to make out who it was, it was Joe running toward her. The lightbulb went off in her head...this was a set up that they were trying to bust.

"No!" Joe said shouting desperately for them to let it go.

"Casey! Stop!" Eddie yelled but he was already across the street and the guy started to run.

"It's a setup!" Joe told Eddie and then saw the guy took off and Casey started after him with the undercover officer. Joe ran to follow and so did Eddie.

"Sorry!" Eddie said as they booked it down the street.

"Hey! Police!" Joe yelled and they cut him off in the adjacent alley. He turned around to run from where he came but Casey came around the corner and got him on the ground.

"Ah ha! Your under arrest for possession of unauthorized weapon with intent to sell!" Casey said. He was very proud of his arrest. Joe was so frustrated and Eddie felt extremely uncomfortable. Casey took him to the car, shut the door and smiled at Eddie like she should be impressed.

"Just when we thought we wouldn't see any action! There it is!" Casey said brushing his hands together like it was easy.

"Casey...-" Eddie was going to tell him he made a bad call but Joe took over.

"We've been trying to bust that guy for selling stolen weapons for 3 months!" Joe told him.

"Well what are you waiting for? I got him!" Casey said laughing.

"Huh oh my god..." Joe shook his head and tangled his fingers in his hair in irritation.

"Casey they could've busted him for dealing if you wouldn't have interrupted, this is only a charge of possession..." Eddie explained.

"He's still going to get into the system? It's fine. C'mon let's go lock em up!" Casey said and excitedly headed to the car.

"Dude you...!-" Joe started after him with a face full of anger, Eddie stepped in front of him.

"Woah! Joe...I'll take care of it, he's still new at all this..." Eddie said.

"I don't care! He shouldn't of been let out of the academy yet then!" Joe said angrily.

"Look, Jamie's back at the precinct, I'll talk to him about it...see what we can do okay?" Eddie said trying to calm him down.

"No I'll talk to him about it." Joe said and walked off to the SUV. Eddie took a deep breath and got in the car.

"What's his problem?" Casey asked when Eddie started the car.

"We can't talk about it in front of this guy" Eddie said.

"Whatever you say." Casey said and the rest of the ride was silent.
———

When they got back to the precinct Casey took him to central booking and Eddie bee lined it to Jamie's office before Joe got to him. But she was too late.