Know your place

—————
-I REALLY enjoyed writing this chapter, I think it's one of my best ones (just saying :-P )
————
Saturday June 26th 2021
A little less then 2 weeks later...

Eddie was getting back into the swing of things with work and was doing very well balancing it with being a mom at the same time. Nicole was great and a lifesaver, they were so thankful they found someone they could trust with they're baby's life while they were out keeping others safe.

————

Eddie and Rachel responded to a reported domestic disturbance coming from an apartment. Jamie and a rookie officer "Ron" who was riding with him for the day had just arrived at the scene before them and was talking to the neighbor who called before they went in.

The 4 of them headed up to the door, not hearing much but people talking.

"Rachel take Ron go around, cover the back" Jamie told them.

"Police open up!" Jamie yelled and banged on the door. Then they heard a man shouting and women screaming back at him. They both got they're guns out, realizing it was intense. They heard someone struggling to unlock the door from the inside and it slightly open but the yelling and screaming continued. Jamie kicked the door in with his gun drawn, Eddie right behind him.

"Police! Let her go!" Jamie shouted at the guy who was physically attacking this women, trying to get her phone out of her hand and yelling profanity at her.

"Hey! What's going on?!" Eddie yelled too with her gun still up, Jamie holstered his and moved in to break it up.

"Knock it off! C'mon! Let's talk!" Jamie said getting in the middle.

"She's cheatin'! She's a slutty bitch!!" The guy was yelling over Jamie at her.

"You cheated for 3 years! Bastard!" The women started yelling and trying to hurt him now.

"Janko!" Jamie yelled when he realized it was 2 against 1. Eddie put her gun away and grabbed the lady, the guy went to kick the women but got Eddie in the stomach instead, knocked the wind out of her. Jamie threw the guy to the ground pissed now.

"YOU THINK IT'S OKAY TO BEAT ON WOMEN!?" Jamie said roughing the guy up. A little girl probably 4 or 5 years old emerged from the other room, terrified, holding a doll. Her hair was all messy, she had a bruise on her cheek.

"Woah woah, easy Reagan there's a kid." Eddie said when she saw her.

"Huh!?" Jamie was confused and turned around to see what she was talking about as he cuffed the guy.

"Danielle go back to your room!" The mother said to her as her head was cut and bleeding.

"Mommy!" She cried out at the traumatic sight. Rachel came in after they heard the yelling. Jamie got on the radio and called for 2 ambulances.

"How many kids are here?" Eddie asked her trying to calm her down.

"Just her. Danielle I'm okay sweetie go back to your room." The mom said.

"Rachel take over, I got this." Eddie said and approached the little girl, she was holding a baby doll.

"Hey, everything's okay. My names Eddie, I'm a police officer which means you can talk to me okay?" Eddie asked wanting to gain some trust. More officers came in to help.

"Okay." She shyly said. Jamie came over to them.

"Hey, let's move into the kitchen maybe." Jamie suggested, not wanting her to see her mom get put on a stretcher. They went around the corner where her vision was blocked.