Seems Familer

8:45pm same day from last chapter.

"Bud...just go to sleep..." Jamie said bouncing Ryan in his arms for the last 20 minutes.

"Lain wants you...you wanna switch?" Eddie asked standing in the doorway.

"Huh, yeah. What is it with these kids tonight? Is it a full moon?" Jamie asked as he handed the baby off. Eddie smiled and shook her head unsure.

"Shhh...hey..." Eddies calm sweet voice said as she sat in the rocking chair with him. Jamie left to deal with Alaina.

"Miss.Lainey Grace...please lay down. It's time for night night." Jamie told her. She was standing in her crib, in the process of throwing her blanket on the floor.

"No" she said with sass and shook her head.

"Yes. C'mon lay down. Daddy's tired Lain." He said and picked the blanket up. She actually listened and let him cover her up.

"Thank you...goodnight I love you." He told her when he kissed her head.

10 minutes later, Eddie crept out from Ryan's room to join Jamie on the couch.

"Score." She said when she sat down.

"Yeah, Lain's down too." He told her and sipped his beer.

"Good job honey!" Eddie was so happy for him. The past couple nights she wouldn't go down for either of them very easy. He blushed at her encouragement.

"So tell me about your day!" Eddie said interested as she tossed a blanket over her cold feet.

"Oh...nothing exciting really, just another day." He said.

"Well that's good I guess." Eddie said.

"Yeah so how was riding with um...Casey? Is it?" Jamie asked playing dumb. He knew damn well what his name was.

"Ugh! Yes! I thought maybe he'd be kinda an ass to me, cause I'm a girl and it's like what do I know. But he was so respectful, asked questions, really interested in the job!" Eddie went off passionately.

"Oh good...so your content with him riding with you?" Jamie questioned.

"100%! We have the same humor too!" Eddie added.

"Good..." Jamie fake laughed and smiled.

"We didn't even argue about where we should take our meal!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Did you tell him we were married?" Jamie asked.

"I didn't... I didn't want to intimidate him and it didn't come up." Eddie said.

"Oh okay. Understandable." Jamie said biting his tongue.

"I just want to get to know each other at the same pace is all. I didn't want any tension, I'm happy just being happy." Eddie explained.

"That's fine. Good...glad you two are getting along." Jamie said and got up to get a snack. Eddie was concerned and watched his mannerisms.

"Everything okay?" She asked when he sat back down and didn't say anything, just watched the tv.

"It's nothing..." he said. She cocked her head at him and raised her eyebrows. Jamie looked at her.

"You know...that's how we started out is all" Jamie said shyly.

"Jamie Reagan...are you jealous?" Eddie say back with a smirk, yet caught off guard.

"Ha. No I'm not." Jamie shook his head smiling.

"Yes you are!" Eddie was determined.

"I'm just being protective of you is all." He said nonchalant.

"Ha ha yeah...okay." Eddie smirked waiting for him to talk.

"Look...I'm not jealous. I don't even know the guy. All I know is he's young, smart, and charming." Jamie said shrugging.

"Your right...kind of guy who would probably be involved with someone, you think?" She questioned playing it off. Jamie looked at her and wanted her to finish.

"Jamie he's engaged. Getting married in 5 months. Relax." Eddie said, Jamie sighed relieved.

"Thank god." He said.

"You think I'd cheat on you..!?" Eddie said concerned.

"No. I'm trusting of you but I was in his shoes...hell here we both are." Jamie said.

"Well it takes two to tango." She said.

"I know..." he said still stirring the idea around.

"Jamie stop. Have some faith in me please." She said and snuggled up next to him. He put his arm around her and laid his head on hers.
———
It seems like Jamie's definitely jealous and a little concerned about Eddies new partner pulling something on her. Especially if he doesn't know who she's even married to yet!