Run down

A week later

Eddie got to go home earlier then normal it was 2pm. When she walked in the apartment Alaina was down for her nap still and Nicole was washing her bottles at the sink.

"Oh you are home early." Nicole said.

"Yeah! Well once the baby comes I think my hours will change more indefinitely." She said taking off her coat and purse.

"Yeah, well I'll be here for whatever hours you got!" She said enthusiastically.

"Ha good! Because we love you and think you're amazing!" Eddie told her.

"Well I love that little girl and am beyond excited for another one!" Nicole expressed making Eddie smile thinking about how in just 5 months there will be another one.

"Well we find out what it is the end of March!" Eddie reminded her.

"I know, you're gonna announce it right?" She asked.

"Oh yeah. Probably just at dinner for the family. For you...I'll do something fun don't worry." Eddie said with a wink and smile.

"That means Joe can't slip up then!" She said washing the last bottle.

"Oh yeah, I'll scare him, he won't." Eddie laughed and started drying the dishes.

"How's everything going with you guys?" She asked curiously.

"Oh it's been great. My parents are pretty strict and can be overbearing so most of the time I hangout at his place." Nicole said.

"That's nice! My mom was the same and she's a very judgmental person. She never let me and any boyfriends have any kind of privacy." Eddie explained.

"Yeah that's another thing. We can go do our own thing beings he has his own place." Nicole said.

"That's always nice." Eddie said and then Alaina started crying in her room.

"You're free to go! Thank you so much! I'll see you tomorrow!" Eddie said dismissing Nicole to go home. Eddie locked the door behind her and went to get Alaina.

"Good morning sweetheart!" Eddie said picking her up and carrying her out to the living room.

"Do you wanna play? Mommy wants to clean." She said putting her down on the floor. She immediately started crying, lifting up her arms wanting Eddie to hold her.

"Lainey...!?" Eddie was confused and picked her back up. She fussed and cried in her arms.

"Are you hungry?" Eddie asked her and walked over to put her in the high chair. She cried louder and flailed her body when Eddie put her in it.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" She asked snuggling her back into her body. She sat on the couch with her.

"I think you're still tired." Eddie said and rubbed her back while Alaina laid her head on her chest. She held a grip on the scoop of Eddies shirt and pulled.

"You wanna nurse?" She assumes and immediately let her. She sucked for a couple seconds and then starting crying again.

"Honey I don't know what's the matter..." Eddie was flustered and got up to take her temperature.

"100.2" she read out loud and picked up her phone.

"Hey Jamie I know you're busy and I know I said I'd clean the house today for your buddies to come over tomorrow night but Alaina's got a fever, I'm gonna take her to the doctor. I think she has an ear infection. Anyway I'm sorry love you bye." Eddie left a message and left for the doctors.
———