In Need of Love

A couple days later:

Eddie and Casey were driving to a sandwhich shop for there meal. He still didn't know Jamie was her husband, she was waiting for it to come up in casual conversation so it wouldn't be such a big deal that he was riding with basically the commissioners "daughter." But, they'd been out since 3am and were starving so it was the last thing on Eddies mind.

"How bout rock, paper, scissors, loser buys?" Casey suggested.

"Oh your on!" Eddie said and parked along the street.

"Ready? Rock..." Eddie started it.

"Papers, scissors, shoot!" Casey said with her. They both did rock. They laughed and did it once more. Both doing paper, Casey practically grabbed her hand he was so passionate about his choice of weapon. Eddie was little blind sided by it, she turned red.

"Sorry, you have soft hands though." Casey said smiling and let go of her hand slowly.

"Oh...ha... thanks? Um...How bout I just buy? Roast beef on white?" Eddie asked getting out of the car.

"Yeah." Casey said and watched her walk into the shop. He saw the line in the place and decided to crack his window and lay back in his seat.

Eddie stood in line waiting for their food. She felt uncomfortable with Casey now. Whether he meant to do it or not she felt awkward. She still decided to act like it never happened though and go on with their tour like two normal partners.

As Eddie was walking back to the car a women walked passed her and said

"You know there's a donut shop a couple blocks away?"

"Excuse me?" Eddie was caught off guard.

"You heard me, hard to believe you even got through the academy looking like that. I'm supposed to believe a cop like you is supposed to show up at my door in no time at all with a body like that?" She said so rudely.

"Well yes ma'am I would. Have a nice day." Eddie said biting her tongue. Casey was watching from the car. He didn't know what to do or if there was anything to do.

"Yeah see, you know it to." The women said to Eddie getting closer. Eddie stood her ground and let her, all she needed her to do was lay a hand on her and she'd have her for assaulting a police officer. Casey got out of the car and approached without making a scene.

"For your information...I just had baby a couple weeks ago. But I really appreciate you pointing out I haven't lost the weight yet." Eddie said scowling her eyebrows at her. Casey decided he needed to intervene, phones were coming out and crowds were forming.

"Alright that's enough, nothing to see here everyone back up, shows over." Casey said shooing people back. The woman and Eddies face were literally inches apart.

"Eddie...let's go." Casey said wanting her to come back to the car. She slowly listened and turned around to go with him. The women put her foot out so eddie would trip and she did. Casey caught the sandwich's and Eddie caught herself, whipped her body around, pulled out her cuffs and arrested her without hesitation.

The whole way back to the precinct the women was just yelling terrible things at both of them, she was like the bully in middle school X's 10 though. Eddie wasn't taking it well either, she usually has tough skin but not today. Today she was sensitive and she didn't know why, hormones lingering from having a baby just a few months ago? Lack of sleep? Pms? Who knows.

"Ignore her. Nothing she's saying is true." Casey told her. Eddie didn't say anything and kept driving she felt humiliated.

"You don't need to change anything. There's nothing wrong with you. Your pretty, and amazing all around." Casey said. Eddie still didn't say anything. She took the compliment and kept driving. She was not in the mood to explain anything, she was still crying on the inside. Trying to not let it come out.