#two#

"Steady hands, Doc

"Steady hands, Doc." A man compliments as he walks by, clapping him on the back.

"Thank you, Geno." Yoongi says, holding his arms out so that his assistant nurse take his gear off of him. She discards it into the bin and he thanks her before washing his hands up to his elbows and disinfecting his skin.

He goes into the private bathroom and relieves himself. Learning to hold his pee during long surgeries has become a skill for him. It's a very necessary skill working in the business that he does and he'll die on that hill.

Yoongi exhales as he flushes the toilet before washing his hands. Waving them in front of the paper towel dispenser, he waits for the towels to come out from the bottom. He rips two pieces and wipes his hands on them, effectively drying them off. Using those same two towels, he grabs the handle to the door and pulls it open before tossing the papers into the trash.

He steps out into the hall and smiles as a nurse passes him.

"How are you, Mrs. Vanguard?"

The woman returns his kind smile as she waddles by. She puts a hand on her pregnant belly and blows out a breath of air.

"Over it. I'm ready to go home. Kid's got his feet in my ribs."

Yoongi chuckles, showing all of his teeth with his laugh.

"I know it's a lot on you. Luckily, you go home tonight and won't have to come back for eight weeks."

"Woo hoo." She cheers out of breath as they walk into the break room. Mrs. Vanguard walks to the fridge to grab her lunch bag. "All that's left now is pushing out a six pound baby of a ten centimeter hole with medicine that doesn't even work in the birth canal. Yippee."

Yoongi laughs as he makes himself a cup of coffee. "Ah, the gift of motherhood. A few hours of a little trauma in exchange for eighteen years of a kid who may or may not even like you half the time."

Mrs. Vanguard laughs, putting her arms into her coat. "Nine months of growing a baby who's first word is gonna be 'dada'. A scam, I tell ya."

She shakes her head as they joke. She zips and buttons up her coat before waving to him. "Good night, Doc. I'll see you in a couple months."

"Good night and good luck." He calls to her. "Send me pictures of the little one when he's not swollen and angry looking."

The woman chuckles and holds her stomach. "Will do. I'll tell Gary about the surgery success as well. You know he'll ask."

"Oh, yes. Tell him to hold onto something stable while you're pushing, too. He's a surgeon. It'd be embarrassing for him to pass out in the delivery room."

Mrs. Vanguard snorts and laughs. "I'm sure you'll get a very embarrassing text about his state of unconsciousness. Have a good night!" She says as she gets into the elevator.