#thirty-nine#

"Does Mommy know that you have her phone?"

Kyra hears Yoongi ask as she steps into the hallway. She followed him out with the intent to have a conversation with him but now she's overhearing another one.

"Dadaaaaaa."

Kyra pauses in step at the sound of a baby's voice. Her eyebrows furrow as she questions what she just heard.

"Yeaah. Where's Mommy?" Yoongi asks as he smiles at the phone.

Kyra hears the baby's squeal in excitement and watches as Yoongi chuckles. Her heart beats faster in his chest, stunned at the possibilities.

"How did you-?" She hears a very familiar woman's voice.

"I don't even know how he called you. I thought that he was on the camera."

"It's fine. I was about to call anyway." Yoongi pulls his keys out of his pocket as he gets closer to his office door.

Kyra stops by the elevators, having heard enough of the situation. With a clenched jaw, she pushes the bottom elevator button.

Hearing such a jovial tone from Yoongi makes her sick. A baby addressing him as 'dada' makes her stomach churn.

She gets onto the elevator and pushes the button for the first floor. She checks the time as she takes the ride down. She's got about ten minutes before her lunch ends.

But she doesn't mind being early to her next assignment for the day.

She gets off the elevator on the first floor and walks through the lobby. Crossing the bridge over to the physical recovery center, she makes her way past the receptionist's desk.

As she enters the patients' lounge unit, she spots her client sitting at a table playing cards with another patient.

Seeing someone moving in his peripheral, he looks up at her.

"It's two o'clock already?" Jahlil asks, finding time to be flying.

"Yep. Almost." Kyra replies.

"Damn. I'll have to finish this game with you later." He tells the other man at the table.

"No problem, champ. I'll catch you when you finished."

"Ready?" Kyra asks as Jahlil puts the cards on the table.

"Yeah."

She grabs the handles of his wheelchair and rolls him out of the room. Jahlil licks his lips as he rests his elbows on the armrests.