#thirty-eight#

Winter mornings can often be deceiving

Waking up surrounded by warmth and still air, only to have to step outside and be frozen stiff by the frigid air.

Unfortunately for Yoongi, he'll be out in the cold sooner than he wants to be.

But much to his happiness, he gets to see his girlfriend this morning before he's off.

He expected her to still be sleeping before he left but she woke up just in time. She showered, they had breakfast together and now he has to go.

"Do you know what time it is?" Harper asks, not having the faintest concept of time at the moment.

"7:45."

"Wha-? You might be late for work."

"I'll make it on time. It's okay. I wanted to see you before I left but I didn't want to wake you. You seemed really tired."

"You do, too. Listen to your voice."

"Believe or not, this is just what I sound like after a good night's rest."

"We should get you a good night's rest every night then. I like this voice on you." Harper puts her arms around his neck.

"Yeah? Every night?"

"Mhm."

They share a kiss before he starts grabbing his things for work.

"Onyx is officially six months today." Harper tells him as he puts his shoes on.

"Yes, I know." Yoongi replies. "I wanted to get him like a little cupcake or something but I don't know about all of that sugar."

"He rarely has any as it is. I was going to say that I want to have a little celebration for him on Sunday. I know that it's just his half birthday but still."

"Whatever you want to celebrate for him, we can. Today's actually an early day for me. I'm out at four so we can go grab stuff for him when I get off. Is that okay?"

"That's perfect." Harper smiles at him.

"Alright. I'll see you later, baby. Give Onyx forehead kisses for me."

"I will."

"Alright. I-." Yoongi drags it out as he realizes what he's saying. "-will call you on my lunch."

"Okay."Harper smiles softly as she opens the door.

Yoongi leaves her apartment and she closes the door behind her. She puts her back against it as she stares aimlessly at the carpet. She puts the mail of her thumb in her mouth and smiles to herself.

Memories from the night before play in her mind as her heart rate picks up.

His lingering touches, their kisses, the way he held her even in the midst of the action. How aware that he was of every part of her.