#twenty-seven#

Quiet music plays in a quaint little bar 15 minutes south of the Min residence

December 31st at 11:56 p.m., Harper is accompanied by her date.

It took a bit of reassuring and some ebbing of mom guilt to get her out of the house without Onyx, but she's here. She's done it.

Mrs. Min suggested that Yoongi 'show Harper around the city'. She offered to keep Onyx for a few hours while they were out. Mr. Min reminded Harper that she does need time for herself. It's okay to accept some time for that.

But neither parent pressured her into it. The offer was put on the table and Harper was given two days in advance to think it over. Ultimately, she decided that she would accept it.

Who knows when she'll have the opportunity to have a proper date with Yoongi again. She might as well take advantage of it before they go home.

Harper had a dress packed anyway. Just in case Yoongi or his parents had something more formal planned. Just in case they were going to other dinners or other family would be introduced.

She never wants to be standing next to him and making him look bad. She's his guest and therefore, a reflection of him. She never wants to taint that image with her own.

"This is my first time being out without Onyx since I had him." Harper says as they sway lightly to music playing in the bar.

There's also people laughing, talking and watching the countdown on the television.

"I promise that he's in good hands." Yoongi assures. "Great hands. In fact, we might pick up a baby much more spoiled than the one we dropped off."

Harper smiles at that. Her hands rest on his shoulders as she looks up at him.

"Oh, don't tell me that." She laughs. "I don't think I'll ever leave the house again. I was already worried about coming out this time."

"Worried?"

"Well, nervous, rather." She rephrases. "I haven't put on a dress since before I got pregnant. Months before. I didn't know how I'd look in it." She shakes her head.

"You look beautiful, Harper." Yoongi says. "And if it makes you feel any better, I was nervous, too. I am nervous, too."

"Why? You always look nice."

"I haven't been on a date in a while." Yoongi admits.

"Really?"

Harper is mildly surprised by the statement. Though she doesn't think that he's a serial monogamist, she does think that he's attractive enough to pull whoever he wants. She would think that he'd never run out of options.