#twenty-four#

The soft sound of the ocean crashing plays through the speakers of Yoongi's car

The soft sound of the ocean crashing plays through the speakers of Yoongi's car. Set to a low volume, it's background noise for the adults in the front seat. To the infant in the back, it's a quiet lullaby.

"Are you warm enough?" Yoongi asks, adjusting the vents that are on Harper's side.

"Yes. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you want to stop and get something to eat?"

Harper looks back at her son. "I don't know. Is there anyplace with a drive through on the way? I don't want to have to get out of the car and leave him."

"Mmm." Yoongi hums as he thinks. "I know that there's a McDonald's nearby. And a Chic-Fil-A, if I remember correctly."

Harper pushes her lips to the side, thinking of which place that she'd prefer to eat. In all honesty, she really could just go for something on the lighter side.

Burgers, nuggets and fries sit kind of heavy with her and she doesn't want all of that food at the moment.

"Do you think that we could stop at the grocery store when we get to your home city?" She asks. "I want something kind of light. Like a salad or something. I could buy the stuff and then make it when we get to the house."

"Of course." Yoongi responds. "Do you want some meat in it? Like chicken or steak? Bacon bits?"

"Chicken... and some bacon bits." Harper says as she thinks. She wants something like but she still wants her meat protein. Maybe she could add some sliced egg in as well.

"We're twenty minutes out from the city now so we could go when we get there." Yoongi suggests.

He looks into the backseat through the rear view mirror and sees Onyx sleeping peacefully.

"Or I could take you to the house so you can get settled in with Onyx. Then I'll run out and get what you'll need and come right back."

"Will you have enough time?" Harper asks with a pinch of her brows.

He told his father that they'd be there at 11:30, noon. She doesn't want him to be pressed for time because of her. She also doesn't want the first impression that his parents of her to be making their son and herself late to events.

Harper's chest fills with adrenaline at the thought of meeting his family to begin with. She doesn't talk to very many people; not even her own family. So it should come as no surprise that meeting someone else's makes her incredibly nervous.

It wouldn't matter whose parents they were, she'd still be on the fence. ... Right?

But right now, maybe she's a little more so than usual.

"Yes. I'll be quick." He assures.

Yoongi drives the rest of the way into the city and he can't help the smile that he gets from all of the familiarity.