##five##

There are many different ways to enjoy a vacation

There are many different ways to enjoy a vacation. There are also many different places to have a vacation. There's Bali, Peru, London, Japan, Brazil, Egypt.

So many wonderful, mostly warm places.

But, of course, camping in the fall isn't going to be the warmest time of year. That's been made abundantly clear to Aliyah as she sits by the water.

She watches as Eva and Yoongi worm their hooks, getting ready to fish in the early hours of the cool morning.

"Are you sure you don't want to fish, babe?" Eva calls to her.

"Absolutely positive." Aliyah says with a subtle frown.

To be frank, she's terrified of the fish. The look of them, the feel of them, the way they move around in the buckets and in people's hands when they're caught.

All of it makes her feel sick and she doesn't really like it. Everything else about camping though, she doesn't really mind at all.

Aliyah's phone vibrates in her lap and she looks at the notifications.

Mamma Lilah- I hope you're having fun, honey. When you come home, we'll take Papa Luca's card and go shopping before we go to Italy

Papà Luca- Mamma and I miss you. We'll go out to do whatever you want when you come home. It's almost time to get your hair done again, no? We should do that before we go to see Nonna and Nonno

Aliyah looks at the time in the corner of her screen and laughs to herself. It's so funny that her parents are in two separate places at the moment and function as if they share a brain. Sometimes, she thinks they're synced down to their brain activity.

Aliyah replies to their text messages, telling Delilah that she will probably need some clothes to go overseas with. She has some things from this past summer but maybe she could use more. Couldn't hurt anything. Definitely not Luca's pockets.

She texts Luca next telling him that she's both excited and nervous to go overseas. She's only met Delilah's parents in person because they live here in the States.

Aliyah has seen Luca's father only once or twice. He was here on business for the law firm and had an important meeting to attend. They all had brunch together and she loved him. It was a little hard for her to understand him due to his accent at the time. But living with Luca and hearing his conversations with his her all the time, she's starting to be able to understand with side glances to Delilah.

It helps a lot that Matteo and Romeo call her at least once a month. Romeo has only been to the states once, and that was for his brother's wedding.

He has no other intent to come and makes that clear every time that Luca jokes about it. He hates it here.

"Aliyah?" Yoongi calls her name. "Can you do me a favor, please?"

"Yeah?" She stands up on the rocks.