#twenty#

Over the next week and a half, time seems to fly by

Over the next week and a half, time seems to fly by. Harper is making a mental day to day schedule for her and Onyx and work is going well.

She's enjoying her job. She's gotten the hang of it now. More importantly to her, she's not stressing about making money to support her kid anymore. She doesn't feel like she won't be able to save anything and buy things for Onyx when he really needs them. Or if she simply wants to get something nice for her son, she doesn't have to worry about having the money for it.

It's in her account and she knows that it is. She has some sense of financial security there now.

She also has the money to get things for herself that she likes. Things that she doesn't consider hard necessities and will go without if need be.

Harper walks down the store aisles as she shops. With Onyx awake in his car seat, she's got him in the cart. She has off from work today so she figured that it could be her day to run errands.

Her first stop is the grocery store. She's gotten her food for the next two weeks, making a plan to go grocery shopping twice a month. This coincides with her paychecks to make it easier for her to budget and save the money that she wants to.

Harper stops walking and grabs two sticks of Dove deodorant. She chooses the green accented color one and drops them into her cart. She grabs the unscented soap for sensitive skin along with a bottle of scented Dove lotion.

She isn't much of a perfume person. She prefers soft scents. But she thinks that perfumes amplify them to the point where they're too much for her nose. The scented lotions are perfect. They do their job of moisturizing the skin and the scent holds up longer than perfume does.

She'd even argue that it holds up better than perfume scents.

"Okaayy. Now let's get.." Harper talks quietly to herself as she turns the corner. She looks at the shelves of feminine hygiene products, scanning them for the specific kind that she likes.

On the days that she's going to be out of the house or working, she likes to wear tampons. But if she isn't leaving the comfort of her home, then she wears women's diapers.

She doesn't care what the stigma may be associated with them. They were a bigger help to her than pads were after she had Onyx and she swears by them now. They completely eradicate the risk of TSS, they lower the pain level of cramps and they're very absorbent, whisking away moisture to keep her comfortable.

And don't even get her started on the topic of comfort. She can walk around in a big t shirt and socks be just fine.

Harper grabs a pack of women's diapers and a box of tampons and puts them in the cart. She goes through her mental list of groceries, checking off things that she knows she needed for sure. One of the biggest things that she's adamant on keeping up with is shaving her legs and keeping her eyebrows done.