#seven#

"Formula, bottles

"Formula, bottles. I got diapers and wipes already. He's good on bibs."

Harper goes down the list of things in her phone notes as she walks around the grocery store. She's been meaning to go shopping for a while now but with being so tired and not feeling up to going, she fell behind on errand running.

She has the time and energy today since Onyx has been sleeping a little better at night. He still wakes up and screams and cries even while in the swaddle. But it's for a lot less time and usually he just needs to rocked and given his pacifier again.

Harper has been making sure that he's getting enough calories in during the day so that being fed in the middle of the night doesn't need to happen. This was a suggestion on one of the mommy apps that she uses. She didn't ask the question, another mother did. But she was grateful for being able to see it and the response that followed.

It's narrowed down the options for what could be done to soothe Onyx. Harper's been noticing that if he does wake up, all she really has to do is show him that she's still around or close by and he calms a bit more after that.

Ever since the night Yoongi told her about him possibly being overstimulated, she's kept her room dim at night and she's gotten the warm tone lamp. She's also been playing videos on her smart tv that sounds of waves crashing against the beach. The screen is dark so it doesn't disrupt the hue of the room at all. She would like to think that that's also been a big contribution to Onyx's sleeping.

The morning after Yoongi stopped by, Harper texted him how her son slept and thanked him. She also requested that he tell Taehyung 'thank you' for her as well, which he did.

It's been several days and she's gotten more sleep than usual so she has energy to do things. Hence, her going through lists in a grocery store.

Harper walks down each aisle of the baby section, looking to see if there's anything that she's missing. She scans the shelves and the end caps. She gasps, pushing the cart down the aisle with the baby soap.

"How the hell was I about to forget this?" She questions herself quietly. Onyx begins to stir awake as she looks at the soap selections.

Harper squats to grab a bottle of Dove baby soap and the lotion to go with it as well. As she stands up, she remembers diaper rash cream. She should probably get some more of that. The tube is only half gone but she'd prefer to have a new one before it runs out.

She pushes the cart down the aisle and flips the cozy cover flap up.

Onyx is awake and ready to make a scene. He starts fussing and Harper checks the time on her phone. She grabs the diaper bag and takes his bottle out that already had water in it. Unzipping the main part, she grabs out the can of formula.

With each new thing that she does. Onyx seems to cry louder. As if he knows that she's making his food and is trying to rush her.

"I know, I know. I'm working on it." She tries to remain calm while opening the can. The last thing she needs is to drop it and spill the water and formula powder everywhere.