#six#

At one o'clock in the morning, Yoongi makes his way over to his neighbor's apartment

At one o'clock in the morning, Yoongi makes his way over to his neighbor's apartment. He hasn't slept at all since getting off of work at 10 and getting home at 10:30. He took a nice hot shower and got into bed but didn't even try to sleep.

He knew that Onyx would be up and giving Harper hell so he stayed up reading reviews on Amazon until the crying started. He waited an extra thirty minutes to go over just in case he calmed down. But he didn't so here Yoongi is, knocking at Harper's door.

She answers it and is partly shocked to see Yoongi there again. Maybe she shouldn't have been. He's the only person that would come over at this time of night. He's the only one that can hear her son's cries. There's no one to the left of her and the room above her is used for storing cleaning supplies.

"I'm sorry." She sniffles. "I'm trying to calm him down." Harper says as she steps out of the way. "He ate, he's changed. He's not running a temp. He isn't congested, I don't know what's going on with him."

Yoongi walks into her apartment and holds his hands out for the infant. She hands her son to him and closes the door.

"He's got colic. Now might be one of those times that it's for no reason." He says as she looks around. The lights are bright and all of them are on. The walls in the living room and kitchen are white so they're just reflecting more bright things around.

"Or maybe he's just," Yoongi flips the lights off and turns the lamp that's on the side table on. It's a dim hued one giving the living room a warm glow. "Overstimulated."

He looks down at Onyx and puts the pacifier clipped to his onesie in his mouth. He holds him close to him and his screaming cries turn to whines. His arms and legs start to relax and then startle up again.

"Do you have a swaddle for him?"

"Yes." Harper walks to the bedroom and looks through his dresser of things. In the top drawer are a few swaddle blankets and swaddle onesies that she bought from Target. She brings Yoongi one of each, not sure of which Onyx will prefer. She's only ever tried to put him in them once.

"I don't know how he'll like those. The one time that I did try, he fussed and was wiggling to get out of it while he cried. And he's almost too big for them, right?"

Yoongi takes the swaddle onesie and unzips it. He strips Onyx down to his diaper before putting him in it.

"Not if he doesn't know how to roll over yet. That's when you stop. Has he been trying to?"

"Sometimes during the day but not really." Harper says. Another thing for her to worry about.

"So then he can be swaddled until he starts actively doing that. I know this may sound odd and I hope that you don't think ill of me for it but I spoke to Taehyung about Onyx. He asked how he was doing earlier today."

Harper blinks at him with a blank look. "Who?" She tilts her head.

"Oh. Sorry." He shakes his head at himself. "The doctor that helped you and Onyx at the E.R. that night. Dr. Kim, the pediatrician. He's a good friend of mine. We often see each other for lunch."