#eleven#

"How could you choose Nightmare on Elm Street over Halloween?" Yoongi asks as he looks at Harper

They're sitting on her couch watching Scream 2. They were going to watch Halloween but then Harper saw Michael Myers and remembered that she hates the series.

"This man chased his sister around until she was like 60 just to kill her. What kind of psycho grudge is that to hold?" She starts laughing toward the end of her sentence and he joins her.

"Okay, point taken." Yoongi gives her that. "But to be fair, she was supposed to take him trick or treating and chose to have sex with her boyfriend instead. Which, to be honest, could have waited."

"She was like 17 in the first movie. He held a grudge for nearly 49 years over some damn candy? That's valid to you?" She asks, trying not to laugh.

Yoongi pushes his lips together and looks back at the TV. He's trying not to let her win this debate but she's making good and simultaneously funny points.

"He could have left the house while they were upstairs, hit a couple houses and come back without ever getting caught. But nooo." Harper puts her hands up. "He wanted to murder people."

"Okay, but what about Freddie Krueger? That guy's a creep. He kills kids. Like come on. That's just-. That's off limits. At least Mike had a reason, even if it was petty. Freddie was just screwy." Yoongi defends Michael.

Harper doesn't take long to think about that bit at all. "Okay. That's fair. Team Mike. He's just a murderous grudge holder."

Yoongi throws his head back and laughs. Onyx screws his face up and starts fussing. Harper looks down at her son and then at the surgeon. He's got his mouth covered with one hand and his wide amused eyes are on her.

He picks Onyx up as he cries and rocks him back and forth. He puts his pacifier into his mouth and stands up with him to rock him. The infant holds his shirt in his fist and Yoongi smiles at him.

"Are you yoking me up? I apologize for waking you. Your mom is funny."

Harper smiles lightly at them moving around the living room before it slowly fades. It seems like a helpful, harmless gesture but seeing him this way with her son deepens an already growing void in her mind.

Yoongi walks around the living room mindlessly for about four minutes before she holds her hands out for him. He attempts to hand the baby to his mother but the grip that he has on his shirt prevents him from doing so.

Harper blinks at her son before looking to Yoongi. "I'm gonna have to pry him off you, I think."

"Maybe he likes the scent of my dryer sheets. They're kind of baby powder scented. Maybe they remind him of his sheets and stuff here."

"Maybe." Harper says as she manages to get Onyx from Yoongi. He nestles himself against her chest and falls into a deeper sleep as Yoongi and Harper sit back down on the couch.