#nine#

"Closing her up, final stitch

"Closing her up, final stitch." Yoongi says as he pulls the needle through the woman's chest.

He's finishing a five hour heart surgery on a 56 year old patient with a congenital heart defect. She had a hole in her heart that was too loo large for non-surgical procedures to fix. So she was scheduled for surgery with Yoongi.

"All set. Clear for the recovery room." Yoongi backs from the operating table as his team of attending nurses start getting the patient cleaned up and covered. She's transported out and Yoongi leans against the wall.

Tired isn't even the word. He's got two hours left on active shift before he can go home. He's got three consecutive days off instead of two this week. A courtesy considering that he's spent the last five days in an operating room, three of them being brain surgeries.

His boss decided that he needed a break. She emailed him two weeks ago about it so that he wouldn't be schedule for any surgeries. He didn't attempt to argue with her after seeing the look on her face when he knocked on her office door.

Yoongi removes and hairnet as he moves to the sterile room. He tosses them into the trash and takes off the surgery suit. He tosses that as well before removing his gloves and thoroughly washing his hands.

His surgical team gives him props and he returns them as he exits into the hallway. He takes a deep breath of the crisp, sterilized air before walking toward the bathroom.

He drank a five hour energy drink 30 minutes before the surgery and that stuff runs right through him. Coffee has started to lose its kick for him and at this point, it's what candy is to toddlers. He gets a rush for 30 minutes then he wants to crash for at least two hours.

Yoongi walks into the bathroom and goes into a stall to pee. The door opens and he hears the upset and irritated voice of his best friend enter. Taehyung enters the stall next to him to pee as well. Hearing the clear signs of annoyance, Yoongi questions him.

"Who pissed in your americano?"

Taehyung hears his voice and rolls his eyes. "I got mustard on my shirt and I have to be here for another hour."

"Just put your white coat on. Scrub the stain out when you get home."

"I'm wearing white. By the time I get home, it'll be embedded into the stitching or something." He grumbles.

He and Yoongi finish up and flush at the same time before exiting the stalls. Other men that they work with find it weird that they use the stalls to pee, but they'd prefer to wipe and be hygienic than to do the shake method.