#forty#

⚠️TW:mentions of deadnaming⚠️

"I want to go camping so bad." Harper groans.

"Have you never been before?" Yoongi asks.

"No." She shakes her head. "I've never had the opportunity to go. "I really want to though. I want to experience all of it. Sleeping in tents, rolling out the sleeping bags, eating s'mores, watching the sunset."

"And the bugs?" Yoongi asks, side eyeing her.

She laughs at his expression.

"No, not the bugs. Minus the bugs. We do not have to deal with those. We'll bring bug repellant. Like off spray."

"You know what else really keeps them away?" He asks, rubbing her feet as they lay on the couch.

It's been a long day for the both of them. After an emergency room visit, meetings and enough tears of guilt to fill a sink, they're finally back home together.

Onyx has been wiped down and put to bed for the night. Jewel is asleep in the crib with him, having gotten in after the infant fell asleep.

Onyx didn't seem to be scared of him. He was just very wary. He didn't reach out to touch him and kind of shied away at first.

He didn't cry, though. He was just cautious. It took several of Jewel's gentle nuzzles in order for Onyx to smile.

Even still, the baby didn't reach out to touch him. He just let Jewel lay in his lap and observed him.

"What?" Harper responds to Yoongi.

"Lavender."

"Really?" She asks, eyebrows furrowing.

"Yep. But it has to be fresh.. Like the actual plants. Or we can dry the flowers out and put them in our pockets. That works, too. They don't like the smell. It's too strong."

"I never knew that."

"I'm an encyclopedia of information." Yoongi says. "Useful or useless, depends on who you ask."

"I think that it's very useful." Harper tells him. "You know a little bit about everything. You never what you might need to know one day.... Y'know?"

He scrunches his nose and shakes his head as Harper chuckles.

"You're like my dad. My mom actually told me that she loves you because you laughed at all of his jokes while we were at their house." Yoongi tells her.

"I wasn't being a kiss-up. They were actually really funny." Harper gets serious as she points out.

That makes Yoongi laugh even harder.