#fifty-five#

Peppering kissing gives the early morning a bright start

Delilah smiles as Luca kisses the skin of her shoulder.

"Good morning, Mrs. Costa."

"Good morning, Mr. Costa."

"How was your night?"

"It was refreshing." Delilah says as she pecks his lips. "How was yours?"

"Fun." His eyes gleam and Delilah rolls hers.

"Will you get dressed so you can go wake the girls, please?"

"I am dressed." Luca defends.

Delilah turns to look at him, looking him up and down before staring him in the eyes.

"What? What's wrong with my outfit?" He looks down at himself.

"You are not going to attend a one year old's birthday party in a button up and some dress pants."

"You said casual. This is very casual. What? Should I put on some slacks?"

"Some what? Luca, what is the difference?"

"Slacks are casual."

"Okay, well maybe I should rephrase. I meant to say comfortable. Dress comfortably. It's the end of July. It's 86 degrees outside. Why would you dress in black pants? Put some shorts on, honey."

"Fine. I don't understand why that matters when we'll be inside with the air conditioning but to each their own, I suppose."

"Boy, if you don't-." Delilah whacks him with her towel as she takes it off and he laughs.

"Alright, alright. I will change and then wake the girls up."

"Thank you."

"I love you."

"Mhm. You better put those shorts on." She calls after him as he walks inside of the closet. "The five inch ones!"

She hears him laugh and smiles at herself in the mirror.

"The black ones or-?"

"I like the brown ones!" Delilah cuts him off with an enthusiastic response.

Luca changes out of his business shirt and pants and puts on a pair of brown five inch nylon shorts. He pairs it with a tan colored shirt with brown lettering. On the pocket of the shirt reads the words 'Happy Black Man'.