#thirty-three#

Winter is really a hit or miss time of year

Either it goes smoothly and you love it. Or it's absolutely horrid and you wish to become a hermit crab.

Yoongi is absolutely the latter.

Unfortunately for him, his job has no intent to ever start caring about whether or not he likes the weather.

Not that he minds their disregard. He loves his job. Both it and the people in the building.

Well, most of the people in the building, anyway.

"He's been awake for two days now. His vitals have been completely stable. He can talk just fine, he can move his fingers and everything alright. Other than his ability to walk, he's completely fine." Nurse Beth gives the overview for her patient from the last three days.

"You did a great job, Dr. Min." She compliments.

"That's wonderful to hear. I expected no less, of course." Hyde also compliments. "Have you been in to see him for his assessment yet?"

Yoongi shifts uncomfortably in his seat as he sits up. Nobody clocks it but he's definitely in a different mood today than he has been the last couple of days.

He and Harper spent the weekend together and had plenty of time to talk. One of the topics of conversation was her baby's father.

Yoongi's told himself before that he wouldn't pry and he's stuck to that notion. It was Harper that felt the need to tell him things.

###
"I don't want you to think that I'm avoiding the commitment with you. Or that I wouldn't want the life that you want. I do." Harper expresses.

She holds a mug in her hands as they sit on the couch. Yoongi sits across from her and listens. They've just eaten dinner and are now enjoying each other's company.

Onyx and Jewel are playing on the floor. Jewel is swinging his tail and Onyx is trying to grab it. Initial, Yoongi stopped them. But then he realized that Jewel was paying full attention and knew what was going on.

He was just teasing the baby.

"All of it just makes me nervous to think about." Harper finishes her thought.

"Is it because of him?" Yoongi asks.

Harper nods and takes a drink of her tea. She sets the mug on the coffee table and looks to Onyx. He giggles as Jewel swishes his tail side to side.