#twenty-nine#

Stressed

Stressed.

Yoongi feels stressed.

You'd think that he'd be relieved after such a long surgery. Such a tedious procedure.

You would think he'd feel some sense of relief after successfully performing such a risky extraction.

But it's times like this that he feels the weight of his gift.

That whole 'with great power, comes great responsibility' bit is really hitting home for him right now. Successful or not, the risk was still there.

As he rinses himself off in the shower, he wills his tears back. He always tells himself that he chose this life. He yearned for it. There is no reason to cry. Especially since it went so well. Right?

He saved somebody's life. He beat the odds. He used his education and his gift for good. He did what he should have.

So why does he feel so heavy?

Yoongi turns the shower off and steps out. He wraps a towel around his waist and grabs a hand towel to dry his hair.

Walking to his room, he forces himself to calm his thoughts.

He lotions his body and puts his boxers on before standing in front of his closet. He and Harper have a date today and he needs to be as present as possible. He doesn't want to be lost in his thoughts or only half aware of the conversations.

Yoongi wants to give her the undivided attention that she deserves.

With a sigh through his nose, he grabs a toffee colored sweater from a hanger. He puts one a tank top before putting that on. He grabs a pair of creme pants, shades darker than the top but they compliment each other well.

His hair air dries and he uses a light pomade to keep it from feeling or looking dry. It waves his hair up and the ends curl around the cuff of his ears.

He puts his shoes on and grabs his jacket before saying 'see you later' to Jewel.

With a nervous heart, Yoongi leaves his apartment and walks next door to his neighbor's. He knocks twice and Harper opens the door suddenly. She's dressed but looks to be in a frenzy.

"He's trying to crawl." She states with a blank expression.

"What?" Yoongi deadpans in surprise.

"He's rocking back and forth on his knees." She steps out of the way and gestures to him.

Yoongi looks past her to the infant on the floor.  Sure enough, Onyx is on his hands and knees. Holding the blue stuffie in one fist, the other hand is flat on the ground.