#twenty-six#

How giddy this one woman feels about a date

How excited she feels about something that she'd been so skeptical to even think about prior to this.

Even now as she looks at herself in the mirror, fully dressed and ready to go, she's nervous.

She completely blanked on hairstyles that she could be so she settled for putting her straightened hair into a ponytail with a middle part. It's simple and she thinks that it looks okay.

But not 'first date' okay.

"I don't know, Onyx. Maybe I overestimated myself. Why did I agree to this?"

Harper looks at the baby sitting up as he sucks his pacifier. He looks up at his mother with his big brown eyes at the sound of her voice. He smiles at her and she giggles as she picks him up.

"We'll be okay though, right? Huh? You like Yoongi, right?"

Onyx coos at his mother in response and she kisses his cheeks.

"Yeah, we'll be okay." She smiles at him.

She fixes the velour textured material of Onyx's dark grey sweatsuit. She makes sure the clip holding his pacifier is secured before grabbing his diaper bag and her phone. She opens the bedroom door and steps out into the hallway.

The first thing that Harper smells is breakfast. Sausages, eggs, French toast sticks. It's a surprising scent that she hadn't really expected.

"Good morning." She announces her presence as she walks into the living room. She doesn't want to startle him as he's clearly in his own little world.

He looks up as he reaches into the fridge and smiles.

"Good morning. I made breakfast." He grabs the applesauce out of the fridge and holds it up. "And I have a snack for Onyx."

"Oh.. you didn't have to." She grabs the formula from the counter and a clean bottle from the diaper bag. "I don't usually eat in the mornings."

Yoongi opens the container of applesauce and dishes some into a small bowl.

"Just lunch?"

"Well, when Onyx gets his second bottle of the day is usually when I eat." Harper pours six ounces of distilled water into the bottle before putting the cap back on it. "And my lunch hour at work."

Yoongi does the math in his head. She wakes up around 8:30, 9 o'clock with Onyx. After sleeping through the night, he'll probably drink a six ounce bottle, as being demonstrated now. Then, with the six ounce, he won't need to eat again until around noon.

So Harper's first meal of the day isn't until three hours after she's been up. Her lunch hour at work is really a dinner hour and doesn't happen until about nine or 10, depending on how busy the floor is.