#forty-three#

One could say that setting an alarm at six thirty in the morning for an event that you have to be at nine o'clock is overkill

One could say that setting an alarm at six thirty in the morning for an event that you have to be at nine o'clock is overkill. And maybe you would be correct.

But saying this to Yeonjun Choi would be completely useless.

Sitting up in his bed, the young lawyer rubs his eyes with both hands, scrunching his face up and sighing through his nose.

Groggily, he stands from the bed and walks to the bathroom in his studio apartment. He uses the toilet and washes his hands before standing at the sink.

He stares at himself in the mirror for several seconds. His hair sticks out at odd ends, his lips feel dry and his shirt feels a little damp on his chest.

With a heavy sigh, he turns the sink on.

Cupping his hands under the faucet, he gathers water and west his face. He pumps some cleanser into his hands and scrubs his face with it.

When he's finished, he pats his face dry with a clean towel. He brushes his teeth and cleans the sink out before hopping into the shower.

He spends about 20 minutes showering before he steps out, wrapping a towel around his waist. He towels his hair dry as much as he can without using the blow dryer.

As he's drying his body off, he hears the tired footsteps of his fiancé trudge into the bathroom. He looks over and sees her rubbing her eyes with one hand on her lower back.

"Did I wake you? I tried to be quiet." He tells her as she walks to the sink.

He steps back, giving her room to brush her teeth.

"No, you didn't wake me. It's fine." She reaches for her toothbrush and her curly bangs fall into her face.

She feels them and sighs as she closes her eyes.

"I tried to put it back on while you were sleeping. You wouldn't move your big head off my chest."

She side eyes him as she grabs the toothpaste.

"It's your fault that anything on me is big right now."

"Your forehead was big when I met you. Food doesn't do that."

"Yeah but can't you just take the blame for it anyway?" She looks up at him and he laughs.

"I guess so." He kisses her temple before exiting the bathroom.

He dries off and puts his underclothes on before getting dressed. He looks in the mirror as he ties his tie. Doing things in reverse throws him off and he frowns.

"C'mere. Let me do it." His fiancé walks over to him and he turns to face her.

"I know how to do it. I'm just stressed."

"I know." She replies. "This is the first time that you've gotten a case in a while. It's making you anxious."

"It is. I really want to help them, you know? They've got a baby and the woman, she's been through enough. But we had the pre-trial a couple days. He's not backing down from this. He said that he just wants to be his son's life but won't compromise for anything. I don't get it."