#fifty#

The third week of March and the wind is freezing

The third week of March and the wind is freezing. Whipping into people's faces and blowing their hair every which way.

It's a whopping 32 degrees outside and leave it to a brooding Italian man to complain.

"This is hell." Matteo grumbles. "Is it always this cold?" He talks to himself. "I want to go home."

He pushes his hair out of his face as he sits in the back of an all black Mercedes Benz S-Class. His eyes scan the rugged streets as his driver makes his way down them.

Matteo has a few faces of people in mind, but he's looking for one in particular.

One that he's observed since the time that he's been in town for his brother's wedding.

Luca told him not to meddle, that he would handle it. But he isn't handling it fast enough for Matteo's liking.

The older didn't want to go against the younger knowing that this is his home and his direct relationships that he'd be dealing with.

But then Luca got a call from Yoongi.

A rather urgent, panicked type of phone call. One that Luca has never had the pleasure of hearing from him.

He gains no pleasure in knowing that his friend is in need of help. But he does gain pleasure in knowing that whoever is standing in his way will be dealt with accordingly.

After that phone call, Matteo tapped himself in.

There are two parts to this mess and Luca can only be in one place at a time. Somebody has to clean up the mess that Jahlil has started.

And there's no better person for the job than a Costa.

"Slow the car down, Reid." Matteo tells his driver as they approach a blue house.

The sidewalks in front of it is cracked, the black pavement of the driveway is faded with thin fractures in it. The porch is rickety but functioning.

Sitting on it are three men, watching the car as it slowly approaches.

"Stop here."

Matteo opens the door and steps out of the car. He closes it behind him as puts his hands in his pockets as he walks up to the porch.

Two of the young men stand up and look him up and down, cautiously.

"Relax, I'm not the FEDS." Matteo assures.