#thirty-five#

How late is 'sleeping in' for a six month old?

8:00? 9:00? 9:30?

Maybe 9:45?

Onyx looks at the mobile above his head as he yawns. He closes his eyes as he stretches his little body.

The bee in the mobile catches his attention and he stares at it. Reaching for his toes, he coos as he pulls them up. He giggles and hums to himself as he looks the shapes on the mobiles.

After a few minutes, he realizes that it's fairly quiet in here. He rolls onto his stomach and sits up. He looks at his mother's bed and smacks the bar of the bassinet.

He sees his mother's figure in the bed and gets excited. She isn't awake but that doesn't seem to faze him. He doesn't quite understand that yet. Maybe she just doesn't see him.

"Baaabaaaabaaa."

Onyx pouts when his mother doesn't move. He reaches for her with both hands and flips over the edge of the bassinet.

He lands on the bed and wriggles around as he tries to sit up. He rolls over and uses the blankets on Harper's body to pull himself up.

He sits on his butt and looks over her body. He sees another figure and starts bouncing on butt as he grins.

Onyx has seen lot of different people in his short six months of life. Most of which are just blurred faces in passing. Very few of them, he's gotten used to seeing. Not very many of them, he'll remember after he parts ways with them.

His memory of things he sees infrequently or only once lasts about two weeks, give or take.

But he's seen Yoongi every day for the last two and a half months. His recognition of him is similar to that of his mother's. He sees him as a caretaker now.

Onyx knows that if he cries or whines, or does just about anything else, one of two people will come for him. It doesn't matter which one comes for him. He just expects it to be his mother or Yoongi.

Harper feels the tug of blankets as Onyx pulls on them. He uses them to pull himself up. He haphazardly crawls onto his mother's side and she wakes up.

Her eyes shoot open and she looks at Onyx. He's drooling as he looks at her.

"How'd you get over here?" She turns to lie on her back, removing herself from Yoongi's grasp.

Harper looks at the bassinet and then to Onyx. She keeps it latched to the side of her bed at night for this specific reason. In the event that Onyx ever woke up before her and wanted to get to her, she knows that he'd have no regard for the height of the bassinet.

Infants are one track minded. If Onyx sees Mommy, he'll want to get to Mommy. He doesn't think about whether or not he'll fall on the way there. He doesn't yet consider the width of the gap. He doesn't really look anywhere but for his mother.