#epilogue#

THREE MONTHS LATER

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Babe, have you seen my other emerald earring?" Harper calls from the bedroom.

"Uh.." Yoongi looks at the counter of the bathroom sink. "No. Did you check in the nightstand?"

"No, I didn't think to look in there. Oh! Found it!" Harper pulls it out of the nightstand and stands in the mirror as she puts the jewelry in her ear.

"I know we're just going to see the house first but I really needed a reason to wear these earrings. They're beautiful."

"My mother said that she saw them in the jewelry store and couldn't leave without getting them for you. It'd have probably bothered her for a while if she didn't." Yoongi says, patting his face dry.

"She's a sweetheart." Harper expresses. "I love her so much. And I'm pretty sure her, my aunt and my mom are like best friends now."

"Good. She needs friends out here. Her and my dad have started bickering from being around each other so often." Yoongi chuckles as he checks his shave job.

"Mama!" Onyx yells as he walks down the hall.

"Yes, baby?"

She hears the shaking of his pacifier and smiles to herself as he walks into the room. She holds her hand out for it as she squats down to his level.

Harper takes the cap off the pacifier and gives it back to him. He puts it into his mouth and holds his arms up for her. Picking him up, she sits him in the dresser as she finishes checking herself in the mirror.

"Alright, baby. You ready?" Yoongi asks. "We're only going to have about 15 minutes to make it to the restaurant from the house tour."

"Really? Damn. Okay, I'm coming." Harper picks Onyx up from the dresser, smoothing the fabric of her dress before they exit the apartment.

Yoongi carries the car seat with Onyx in it and Harper carries the diaper bag. Their shoes this against the carpeted hall floor as they walk to the elevator.

"I hope this doesn't run too long." Harper says. "I have a paper due tomorrow and I have to finish the last little bit of it. Then I want to go back for editing to make sure it's good before I submit it."

"It shouldn't be too long. Most of us have work in the morning. We'll be out by 8:30, nine o'clock at the latest." Yoongi tells her.

The elevator doors open and they step inside. Harper pushes the button for the first floor and Onyx stares at the doors as they close. When the elevator starts to move, he stops sucking his pacifier and goes still.