#forty-seven#

4:17 A

4:17 A.M.

This is what the clock reads as Luca lies awake in bed. His wife lies against him, fast asleep.

Luca kisses her forehead before getting out of the bed. He slips from under her and walks to the bathroom for an early start to his morning. His alarm will be going off in exactly 13 minutes.

He's not usually up this early at all. Six, maybe seven is the earliest for him. But four o'clock on a morning to do his friends a favor is alright with him. He's a little excited, to say the very least.

Delilah will be working until five o'clock tonight so she'll be gone most of the day. Luca will have Onyx all to himself.

He's a little worried, being that he has no experience with babies. However, much to his luck, Onyx's parents were able to give Luca a comprehensive list of things that Onyx might do and how to respond to them.

They're bringing his blocks over as well as his play mat, stuffed animal from the Min parents and his blanket.

Luca already took it upon himself to take his wife out the night before and get applesauce pouches, per Harper's suggestion. He also got some strawberry banana flavored oatmeal for Onyx to try. They picked up some teething rings that are in the refrigerator, rather than the freezer, by Yoongi's direction.

Putting them in the freezer and them being too cold isn't worth the uncomfortable stimulation that it will give Onyx.

Nobody wants to overstimulate Onyx in any way.

Hence why Luca is up so terribly early.

He washes his face and brushes his teeth before leaving the bathroom. He puts a pair of cotton pajama pants on with a white tank top and heads down the stairs.

Walking into the kitchen, he stops by a small closet. Opening it up, he grabs the amber glass light bulbs and the step stool. He walks into the living and changes the bright bulbs to the amber ones.

He does that in the foyer, the hallway and kitchen as well.

Luca tests each area out, using the dimmer to adjust them to a good setting. He doesn't want to turn the light on and it's immediately too much for the baby.

Everything should be completely safe and comfortable for him.

Luca keeps this mind as he starts baby proofing the corners or the coffee table. He inserts outlet covers in every one on the first floor.

Aware that Delilah keeps all of the cleaning materials under the kitchen sink, he places plastic cabinet locks onto all of the ones within Onyx's reach.

As a final sweep through the house, Luca uses the smaller vacuum on all of the floors. It's much quieter and won't wake his wife up.

He looks around the living room when he's finished, mentally checking everything off as he stands there. When he's sure that he's done everything that he can, he checks the time.