chapter 78

"Harry!", Harry's father spoke from the bed when and reached his hand out for him. Harry put Lucy down on the floor after kissing her cheek. Taylor held her hand and stood by the doorway watching them still in confusion.

He walked to the side of the bed where Anne was sitting just a few seconds ago but stood up and went to the window to look outside.

He held his father's hand as Des said: " Where did you go yesterday Harry?, Why did you leave, son?".

Harry pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed before saying :" Dad, I'm sorry but i couldn't marry Paige".

"And you couldn't have told us that before?, You just had to run away on the day of your wedding?", Des said putting his hand in the air.

Harry turned his head to the side to see Taylor still standing in the doorway with Lucy in her arms. He looked back at his father and said:" Because it was only yesterday when i realized i was making a big mistake. There's only one girl i love  and she's the one who i am going to marry".

Taylor smiled hearing his words but she quickly caught Anne's glare at her from the other side of the room.

"Dad, i was only going to marry Paige because i wanted to make your wish come true", Harry said looking at his father's eyes. "You told me that you wanted to have grandkids,right?".

Des nodded and Harry stood up from the bed. He looked at Lucy and said:" Come here,Lucy".

Lucy looked at her mother who was looking at Harry in a questioning look. Harry just nodded his head at Taylor and she slowly put Lucy on the floor and watched her as she walked to Harry.

Harry picked Lucy up and stepped closer to the bed. He looked at Lucy before looking at his father and said:" Well meet your grand-daughter".

Taylor's eyes went wide and Anne looked at Harry in disbelief. Harry ignored their looks and slowly put Lucy down on the bed next to his father.

Des looked at Harry before looking at Lucy who was biting her bottom lip looking at him.

He slowly lifted his hand to her face and gently stroked her cheek before saying :"Well, aren't you a lovely little girl?, What's your name?".

"My name's Lucy", She said looking at Harry who gave her a small smile and nodded his head. He turned his head to the side and saw Taylor with her hand on her heart and her eyes locked with his. He couldn't read her face, he didn't know how she felt about what he just did but he was sure it was the right thing.

"Ah Lucy, That's a very pretty name. My name is Des and it's very nice to meet you", Des said with a smile on his face. Lucy seemed to relax a bit and Harry smiled .

Des then looked at the doorway and saw Taylor still standing there. "Taylor, Come here darling".

Taylor looked at Harry and he nodded at her, she stepped towards the bed and stood next to Harry as she laced her fingers with his.

"How are you?", He asked and Taylor smiled saying "I'm good , thank you".

Anne started walking out of the room and Taylor sighed. Harry gave her hand a little squeeze and then said :" What do you think,Dad?".

Des smiled looking at Lucy and then at Taylor and then back at Harry, "I don't think you can find better than this ,son".

Harry beamed and Taylor blushed. He Laughed and then leaned down to hug his father.

"I'm proud of you, Harold", Des whispered and Harry smiled pulling back. He pulled a chair for Taylor next to the bed and she sat down as he sat down on the side of the bed and Lucy in his lap.

They stayed there talking for quite a while. Until Harry told his father they had to go because he had promised Lucy he would take her to the zoo.

He was walking down the stairs with Lucy in his arms and Taylor following behind them. Harry laughed when Lucy whispered something in his ear but stopped when Anne walked into the hall with her arms crossed against her chest.

"Taylor, Can i talk to you?", She said and before Taylor can even speak Harry said:"There's nothing for you to talk to her about".

He grabbed Taylor's hand with his free one and walked to the door. "Wait, It's not what you think", Anne said stopping them from walking out.

He turned around and wanted to say something when Taylor squeezed his hand  and said :"Harry, It's OK".

Harry looked at her for a moment and then nodded his head, Anne walked inside the living room and waited for Taylor to follow her.

Harry put Lucy down and then cupped Taylor's face. "Me and Lucy will be right here,OK?".

Taylor nodded with a smile and then he leaned in and kissed the corner of her mouth. "If she says something bad just walk out, Understood?".

Taylor nodded again and then kissed him before walking away from him and following Anne to the living room.

Harry ran his fingers through his hair and turned around to see Lucy walking towards the glass door that led to the backyard. He smiled and then followed her.

Ps: The picture on top has nothing to do with the story, It's just an edit i made and i thought i would share it with you:)