chapter 93

Taylor sighed opening her eyes, she couldn't sleep after waking up a couple of minutes ago from having yet another bad dream. It doesn't happen as often as it used to but she still has nightmares.

She rolled over in bed to face Harry's back, He was shirtless. A habit of his whenever he goes to sleep. Taylor snuggled closer to his back and put an arm around his waist from behind, His skin keeping her warm, she tried to close her eyes and get some sleep but only ended up staring at the ceiling in the dark that covered their room.

She decided to leave the room, before doing so she pressed light kisses to Harry's shoulder then standing up from the bed to put on her sleep robe.

She touched the walls with her hands afraid she'll fall since the lights were all out, She slowly walked downstairs and to the kitchen that was lit by the moon light coming through the window.

She grabbed a glass and filled it with water, turning around, her eyes widened as the glass of water slipped from her hands and crashed to the floor.

The same blue eyes she hasn't seen in years were standing right In front of her. Her heart started beating faster as she thought for a second she lost her mind, He was dead, He wasn't supposed to be standing in front of her at that moment.

Taylor shook her head, "No, No.. No", she panted turning to the sink and washing her face over and over again, She was breathing hard as the water splashed against her face. "It's nothing, Taylor. You're just seeing things, Stop It", She spoke to herself before turning off the water and slowly turning around to the see the spot he was standing on earlier empty. 

She sighed putting a hand on her chest, It felt so real, He seemed so real. She closed her eyes and whispered :"Please, Leave me alone". 

She heard foot steps approaching the kitchen and she was ready to scream but It was only a worried Harry running towards her. 

"Baby, What's wrong?", He asked in concern as he looked at the broken glass on the floor and the terrified look on her face.

Taylor shook her head and said:" Nothing". She bend down and started picking up the broken pieces of glass from the floor as Harry did the same. Once everything was cleaned, Harry gently cupped her face in his hands and made her look him in the eyes.

"Taylor, Are you okay?", He asked as his thumb caressed her cheek, She nodded before wrapping her arms around his waist and hiding her face in his bare chest. He hugged her, rubbing her back.

Taylor didn't want to tell him because she though he'd think she's crazy or something, That he won't believe her, but once again why would he?, Zac could not have possibly been there, He was dead and he has been for the last four years. Nothing has changed. 

Taylor figured she was too tired, that's why she was seeing things. "Can we go back to bed?", She asked with her voice muffled against his chest. He nodded his head and grabbed her hand as they walked back to their room.

They climbed on the bed and Harry held his arms out for Taylor as she snuggled against him. He pressed small kisses to the top of her head as he played with her hair, the small gesture made Taylor slowly drift to sleep, feeling safe in his arms.

The next day, Taylor didn't bring it up at all and Harry didn't want to bother her, He figured if she wanted to talk about it, she'll come to him eventually. 

They were in his car, He had just picked her up from the doctor's office, on their way to pick up Lucy from kindergarten.

"Babe?", Taylor said looking at him as he took his eyes off the road to look back at her. "Yes?", He asked as she laced their fingers together. 

"We don't have to pick up Lucy now, It's a little early, don't you think?", She asked and Harry frowned. "Yeah, why? Do you want to go somewhere?", He asked running his thumb against the back of her hand.

"I was thinking maybe you can drop me off by the cemetery", She said with a soft voice and Harry looked away from the road when he heard what she said. 

"Wh-why?", He asked keeping his eyes on her since there wasn't much traffic ahead of them. Taylor looked down at her lap and said:" Please, Harry?", She begged and he sighed. "Okay", He said bringing the back of her hand against his lips to press a small kiss there.

He pulled over by the cemetery and Taylor promised him she wouldn't take long. He was leaning against the side of the car watching her as she stood in front of Zac's grave. 

"HI, Zac... It's been a while since I've been here, I got my hands pretty full right now. Uh... I'm getting married, to Harry" She spoke looking down at his grave. " I'm happy", she smiled and added :" For once after you were gone, I'm actually happy but every time something ruins it. It's either I have a bad dream about you or I start seeing things. Zac I love you and I'll always will, you are my first my love, you are Lucy's father and I'll never forget you but I can't do this anymore, please just leave me alone. I don't want to see you in another bad dream, I'm sick of it, I'm sick of being reminded of every single night. I'm sick of the feeling that I have when I look at Harry and tell him I love him, I feel like I'm betraying you or something. I don't want to feel like that anymore", tears were already streaming down her face and she didn't bother to wipe them away.

"Please just leave me alone. I want to be happy, I want to start a family with Harry, I want to live my life mourning over you. Don't you think i deserve that?, After everything I've been through, don't you think I deserve just a little bit of happiness?", She spoke with tears falling down non stop. 

"I Love you Zac but I have to live, Goodbye". She said turning around and walking away wiping her tears with the back of her head.

She walked out and approached Harry who was still leaning against the car, he gave her a sympathetic smile as  she opened her arms and wrapped them around his neck. He kissed her cheek and she hid her face in the crook of his neck as he rubbed her back, still leaning against the side of the car. 

He kept holding her for a while before pulling back and kissing her lips. She smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek. "Harry?", She said as the wind caused her hair to fly in all directions. "Yes?".

"Promise me you'll never leave me", She said cupping his face, Harry smiled bringing both of her hand against his lips kissing them. "i promise Taylor, I'll never leave you", He said looking her in the eye. She smiled bigger and locked their lips together once again as Harry wiped away the tear streaming down her face.