Reina

A meeting with Santiago Valiente. How fun is that? I'm supposed to be meeting him today since he called in order to discuss our 'deal' or knowing him it's probably about our 'marriage'. I was currently waiting for him with Isabel in my office, dreading every second to meet him again.

"Isabel, can you just cancel this, please? I don't want to see him." Whining to Isabel, I don't think she heard me because she was typing away on her tablet.

"Reina, I wish I could but he's about to walk in right about—" My office door opens, and three men walk in, one being Santiago and the other two I wasn't quite sure, "—now." Isabel finishes her sentence with a whisper, I let out a sigh, fixing my posture as they stride in.

"Santiago." I grit through my teeth, faking a smile at him as I greet him.

"Reina." He smirks back, taking a seat in front of me as if he owned the place. I'll admit though, he did look good today. He was dressed in a black shirt, sleeves rolled up that showed some of his tattoos. I try not to get distracted by him because if I did, he'll take advantage of it.

"Your men can leave." I point at the other two behind him, Santiago turns his head as I say that.

"No, they can stay. If they leave, she has to leave." He points at Isabel making me riled up as he takes the exact words out of my mouth.

"She's staying. I don't think your men are necessary in our conversation." Snarking back, I look at them and they had their heads lowered, almost as if they were afraid of Santiago.

"Carlos and Hugo are staying."

He's not going to listen, is he? Letting out a frustrated sigh, "Fine. Carlos and Hugo can stay." I tried to keep my fury in me, I wanted this to be private, but he already knows how to push my buttons and for him to take control was making everything even more.

"Of course. Mr Valiente, would you like anything else? Tea? Coffee?" Isabel asks him, it was the least we could do, and we needed to act like he didn't bother us with his games.

"No, water is fine," Santiago says bluntly but keeps his brown eyes on me as he speaks. Don't look at me like that.

"I'll be back, Rei."

As soon as Isabel leaves, Santiago starts speaking, "How's the wedding preparations coming along?" Is this a joke? Raising my brows at the question he asked me, he lets out a chuckle at the same time only triggering me even more.

"What makes you think I'm still marrying you?" I hoarsely question back, intertwining my hands together whilst leaning forward.

"You will marry me. How else do you want this deal then?" So, he's doing that now, huh? Anger rises inside of me, every expression he forms on his face, just indicates that he was enjoying the situation we were in. Looking at him at his stupid smirk—I want to wipe that smirk of him—I also notice his men or also smirking at me.

"Your idea of this marriage was never part of my deal. Therefore, I suggest you take that thought out of your cabeza gruesa." (Thick head). As I speak, I watch Santiago and his men dropping their smirks, an offended look on his face. It looked like he was letting out fumes and this time round, I smirk back at him.

"Háblame así de nuevo, te reto." (Talk to me like that again, I dare you.). He sucks in his teeth, trying to hold in his rage but was clearly failing at it.

"Now about that deal, Santiago. You will simply give me what I want so that there will be no issues between us."

"What if I say no to this deal then?"