𝟑𝟑|| 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤

Never have I ever felt like this in my entire life

Never have I ever felt like this in my entire life. The feeling of emptiness. For two weeks I've been feeling empty and useless and it was because my strength was far away. Where I was supposed to be planning for our attack, I left it to my men to plan.

I can't do this without her.

The way I'm acting isn't worthy of me, of my mafia but when my wife isn't here, it feels like everything is crumbling down. I'm so used to her and I know this marriage started all for revenge but now she's the only one that brings me comfort in my own home, in my life.

"Mi hijo, you need to sleep, look at your eyes. Bloodshot red because you've been drinking and haven't been sleeping." My eyes move to the side to see my mother standing beside me. I look away, running my hand through my hair and closing my eyes because I didn't want her to look at me like this.

"I want to be alone."  The last time I said that to my mother, she slapped me across the face and told me that's not how I raised you.

"Hijo, she's going to come back soon. Why are you acting like this?"

"It's been two weeks mama. Two fucking weeks. What if she never comes back now?" I choke on my own words. What if I'm right? What if she doesn't want to come back to me ever now? I mean I did force her into this marriage.

"She's with her brothers, not in a different country. She will come back." My mother says.

"If she was, she would've come back by now." I let out a whisper, my mother touches my shoulder and makes me turn around.

"Mi hijo, Reina needs time. If she can't do this here, let her do it with her brothers. Trust your mother on this when I say she will walk through that door and will come back to you." My mother gives me some reassurance, kissing the top of my forehead.

I have never felt so vulnerable in my life. My mother is the only person who sees me through times like this. First from Elias' death to now where Reina isn't here with me. And to me the only thing that seems to solve this vulnerability is by drinking.

"She will come back right?" My words utter in a hushed way, my heart trying to fight all the demons in my head and the thoughts of her not coming back.

"She will, my boy, she will. Be patient, because this time is only going to make you two stronger."

"Okay ma."

"Now stop drinking and get some sleep. Reina wouldn't want you to be like this, so if you're not going to do it for me, at least do it for her." She runs her hand over my cheeks, kissing my forehead once again before leaving me to be alone.

For her - I have to be strong for her so when she comes back, I'm the one comforting her, not the other way round. I stare at the bottle of gin in front of me, I take a deep breath and close the lid and put it away.