𝟓𝟕|| 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

A few days later

Panic.

Weak legs, everything started to close in and an overwhelming fear twists over my body as my anxiety kicks over the edge. With constant constrictions in my chest, I hold onto the rail as the smell of coffee plays with my stomach and in seconds, I throw up onto the kitchen floor.

"Hermosa, woah—" Before I knew it, Santi was behind me, taking all my hairs into his hold as my sickness takes over me. "Baby, let's get you to the living room." He whispers, helping me once I finish throwing up.

Tilting my head to him, he kisses my forehead, takes my hand and walks me to the living room. "I'm fine, mi amor." I breathe out, placing my hand over my stomach, only thinking of our baby growing.

"You threw up, you're not fine." He mumbles and I know even if I tell him it's morning sickness, he'll be so overprotective over me.

"It's just morning sickness mi amor. The smell of coffee just got to me." I tell him, smiling as he sits me down. He kneels down, his veiny hand places over my stomach and though I know he wants to hide it, I see the smile forming on his face.

"I can't let you come tonight if you're going to get sick baby." He softly speaks, rubbing his thumb over my warm skin.

"I need to be there Santi. I need to see it with my own eyes." Frowning at my own words, the thought of tonight gets to me, once again my heart races through the tingling sensations in my body. "Please let me come—I'll be by your side all the time." I squeeze his hands, bringing them up to my lips and pressing a kiss.

"What if you get sick again—"

"Baby, it's just morning sickness which is common in pregnancies."

"This baby is going to cause a lot of morning sickness, aren't they?" He mumbles, hovering his lips over my stomach which makes me giggle.

"It's your baby, mi amor." I cup his cheeks, bringing his face closer to mine, inches away from kissing him.

"My baby—our baby, hermosa." He breathes out, slowly taking my lips into his, kissing me into the unknown. "It's our child, amor, and I can't wait for fucking wait for him or her to be born into this world." He continues to speak against my lips, becoming sensitive over our child.

"Promise me Santi that they won't ever see anything we went through. That they don't suffer the way we did." I whisper to him, holding back my tears because there's no way I would want Santi to see me cry.

"Hermosa, I promise you with all my fucking life that our children, this child will never have to go through what we had to." He presses his lips against mine, resting on them as he speaks words of comfort.

"I-I don't need to worry about our child, Santi. I know he or she is going to be in safe hands." Smiling against his lips, he slowly kisses me, pushing me back onto the sofa, hovering over me and making me moan into his mouth, startled by the way he was kissing me. "Mi amor—" He doesn't let me finish my sentence, cutting me off by sucking in my bottom lip.

"You and our child will be safe with me. It's the biggest fucking promise of my life." He breathes out, heavily, after our heated kiss. I smile timidly, making him sit beside me so I could rest my head in his arms.

"I know, Santi. I know." Words whisper out, I close my eyes, thinking ahead of tonight and the attack that he planned out. Tonight was going to be either the worse for us or the best for us. We don't know what will happen, we're just carrying our faith and souls into this, hoping that the lord will be on our side tonight.

"Now remember tonight baby, never leave my side. You do your part and then you come straight to me. Do you understand, hermosa?" He looks down at me, our eyes connecting so subtly.