𝟏𝟖|| 𝐒𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

The smell of a toasty yet nutty flavour diffuses across Santi's kitchen

The smell of a toasty yet nutty flavour diffuses across Santi's kitchen. I sit on the stool like a child waiting for it to be served, however I couldn't take my mind off what happened earlier. How did my uncle have the courage to say all that in front of my face? He called me a slut, he told me that I would die and he had the audacity to say my parents name. I gulp at the horrid thoughts of what he could do and I know I shouldn't think about them but I do.

My eyes trail up to Santi's back, revealing some of his tattoos that were drawn so sophisticated and perfect on his body. The flex of his muscles gives me that weird feeling that I'm still trying to figure out. I feel my cheeks blush at the sight of him, I want to look away but I can't.

"I never knew you had puppies." I break the silence between us, also trying to move on from the fact that he was shirtless and I was staring shamelessly at his back.

"Mhm they're names are Rex and Nitro. I only brought them home last year." His Spanish accent weaves through his English and I think it might be my favourite thing to hear now. His voice.

"So they're like your emotional support?" I ask.

"Well you could say that," He turns around as he speaks, bringing to plates of stacked waffles. "Want whipped cream?" He asks at the same time and I shake my head.

"Thanks and do you have strawberries?"

"Strawberries, hm let me check," I watch him walk over to the fridge, my eyes stuck on his every move but as soon as he turns around, I look away down to my plate. "You were lucky that there were some left." He places some washed strawberries onto my plate, I give him a small smile as a thank you.

He takes a seat beside me, bringing his plate forward. I notice a drop of waffle mixture just above his chest so I grab a tissue to wipe it off. His eyes stay on me, so do mine. The lust in his eyes only makes me want to touch him more, the way his lips slightly turn into a smile only makes me want to kiss him again, the slight blush tint on his cheek makes me blush at the same time.

"You had some waffle mixture on your chest." I whisper so close to his lips.

He hums back before saying, "Es mejor que te sientes y comas tu comida, de lo contrario tomaré esa mirada inocente de tu cara en cualquier momento." (You better sit back down and eat your food otherwise I'll take that innocent look of your face any second.)

I press my lips together, taking a seat back with heat rushing through my whole body. His lips turn into a smirk and acts like nothing happened. He starts eating, so focused on his food whilst I on the other hand were thinking about what he just said to me.

Remind me to make him speak Spanish again because that voice is fucking hot.

After moments of composing myself I start eating the waffles, I notice him giving me glances here and there but I pretended that I didn't notice. "So um what are we going to do about my uncle and the Koreans?"