𝟏𝟕|| 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞

"I think your uncle might be working with the Koreans

"I think your uncle might be working with the Koreans. And surprisingly enough, the Koreans are our enemies." 

She just blinks back. Her hand tightens around mine. I could hear her heartbeat in the silence.

"What do you mean?" She asks but in the most quiet tone ever.

"First sit down Reina, then we'll talk. You look pale again." I tell her, thinking of the other time when her ex came into her office and when she fainted. She sighs, letting go of my hand and walks over to my desk.

Her face was screaming with fear. She was hesitant in letting me go but she did. I know I was cold to her this morning but I can't help but worry for her. I look at Elijah who gently puts Dalia on my sofa, he looks back at me but then glances at Reina.

"Is someone going to speak or do I have to leave?" She presses her lips together, I exhale a deep breath as both Elijah and I walk over to her. "The leader of the Spanish Mafia and American Mafia look staggered. Tell me everything right now. How do you know my uncle is working with the Koreans?"

"We're not sure just yet but if your cousin was talking to a Korean, it's suspicious because we haven't had a Korean in Spain for a while now." Elijah speaks and I hear Reina let out a hitched breath.

I stand opposite, watching her attentively. Her eyes weren't on me but mine was and from my eyes she looked like she was about to break all that strength she's built.

"And isn't it weird that your family is back and the Koreans are back at the same time?" I rhetorically ask her, her eyes move to mine and slowly nods.

"It just doesn't make sense, Reina. You've been getting threats from them, then you get shot and now you saw your cousin with a Korean." Elijah adds.

The flick of fear in her eyes needed reassurance, I could tell her hands were trembling from all this, her legs were shaking up and down and she was biting her bottom lip. I sit directly in front of her on my desk and I take her hand into mine.

"You don't need to be scared," I say softly but it wasn't helping her. The fear grew in her eyes and I knew she was scared and that she was thinking about her past. "Look at me Reina, tell me you won't be scared. You're not alone in this because you have us, your brothers and Rico."

She removes her hand away from me, I tilt my head slightly, and stands up. "This is my family's problem. I'll do anything to protect them and all of you so let me handle it. They want me, not you, not Elijah, not Rico, not even my brothers." She wasn't thinking about what she was saying.

"It will be dangerous doing anything alone. The Koreans are-"

"My uncle is dangerous. He will harm anyone and I mean it. And if it means sacrificing my own self, I'll sacrifice myself."

What is she planning to do now?

"Where are you going, Reina?" I ask her.

"None of your business Santiago."