𝟓𝟔|| 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝

WARNING: SANTI SMUT

Morning sickness is just not it. And hiding it from your husband is even worse. This morning was really bad—the moment Santi left for the warehouse, I raced to the bathroom, throwing up everywhere. I couldn't call anyone because they'll find out and I kept my promise of not telling them.

Santi's mother was supposed to come around about now, so I quickly cleaned up the bathroom so she doesn't take notice of anything.

I hear the front door being open and I race out of the bedroom, fixing my hair and clothes to greet Mrs Valiente. Walking down the stairs with care, she stops at the bottom of the stairs with the biggest smile on her, as she always has whenever she sees me.

"Mi hija." She extends her arms out, pulling me into a deep hug.

"Lilliana, it's so great to see you again." I sigh, heartwarming up from this motherly feeling from her.

Pulling away from her, her eyes narrowed as if she was examining me. Her hands let go of mine and cup my warm cheeks. Her lips twitch, tongue running over her bottom lip, trying to read me just like Santi and Isabel have. God, I hope you don't find out I'm pregnant.

"You're glowing mi Reina." Her lips slowly tip into a smile, her eyes move down to my stomach and now her hands hover over it. "You're pregnant, aren't you?" She breathes out, gasping a little as I slowly nod without thinking.

"Y-Yes. I'm pregnant." Giggling whilst I speak, I place my hand over hers and watch the single tears roll down her cheek.

"Have you told Santi?" She whispers, pulling me into another hug.

"No—it's dangerous at the moment because he will focus on us and not the plan. Please don't tell him, Lilliana." I blurt out, rambling on to her when I shouldn't be. I could hear her chuckle as she still holds me, "I-I can't let him know otherwise he won't let me do anything during the attack."

"Reina, dear. I'm not going to tell him because you're right. But also because I don't want to step in the way of you telling him. I want you to tell him yourself." She pulls apart, kissing my forehead and giving me a nod in the head, letting me know that it was okay.

"So you won't tell him?"

"No hija. No, I won't. It's a secret between us two for now and when you tell Santi, we'll tell everyone else. Okay?" She says, smiling so hearty at me and pressing her hand on my stomach again.

"Okay."

"Now, let me make you some herbal tea for your sicknesses and for you to stay strong." She takes my hand and walks us over to the living room so I could sit whilst she goes to make tea. Her doing this for me, makes me think of how my mother would've reacted if I told her I was pregnant. 

Having a child inside of me, a small little bean, is a blessing from my parents, a blessing from Elias. This child is going to grow into a family where they'll be loved, reminding of them constantly no matter what.

Moments later sitting in silence, Lilliana comes back with two cups of tea and placed them in front of us. She sits down beside me, ever so happy, and takes my hand. I felt tears building up already because I knew what she was going to talk about.

"You're so strong, mi Reina." She smiles at me, kissing my knuckles, "And now that you're carrying my grandchild, your child, it's going to make you even stronger than before. I am so proud of you, mi hija, everything that's happened, you still managed to get through it." Her words touch my heart so delicately, stringing it in with every heartbeat.

"I-I don't know how I'm going to do it in the next few days. This attack is our only chance to take them down." I whisper, finally letting the tears fall, falling onto our hands.