𝟒𝟑|| 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚

"Is everything sorted for tonight?" Talking to the head of security, my eyes roam around the hall in which the mafia event is being held tonight

"Is everything sorted for tonight?" Talking to the head of security, my eyes roam around the hall in which the mafia event is being held tonight. The head of security runs me through the set-up, hoping that nothing goes wrong today. "Gracias. It's well under control. And have you seen Reina anywhere?"

"Uh, I think she's in your office."

"Double check everything, we have two hours before people start arriving," I instruct him and giving him a nod, I walk away to my office.

I wonder what she was doing in my office. I told her to meet me in our hotel room but instead, she's in my office. I need to protect my family tonight, Reina, my parents, everyone. The Koreans being here could do anything. Opening the door of my office, I see Reina pacing herself around the room, fidgeting with her hands and taking no notice of my arrival.

Without trying to startle her, I pull her close from behind and wrap my arms around her waist. She lets out a huge huff, slumping her body back into mine and turning around so her face was buried into my chest.

"Hermosa, what's wrong? Why were you-"

"I don't want to participate tonight. I think something bad's gonna happen, and it will be my fault because the attention will be up on stage. Then someone will get hurt and I can't bear to see someone else hurt. I- everyone will attack me then and I'm going to"

"Reina. Reina baby, shh please." I place a finger on her pink lips, I could hear her beating heart race in the silence and her eyes filled with terror. "Where is this coming from?" I stroke her hair, resting my lips on top of her head.

"I-I don't know Santi." She sighs, dropping her forehead onto my blazer.

"Hermosa, I've got everything covered. There is security and my men are placed in every inch of the hotel. Nothing bad will happen. Trust me on this baby." 

Lifting her head up, her lips tip into a small smile, "I trust you." She whispers and presses her lips onto mine. I kiss her back, so gently and with every reassurance, I try to let her know that nothing will happen tonight. Her trusting me is all that matters to me because right now there's nothing more than I want.

"You're okay mi amor." I brush against her lips and hug her tight without hurting the both of us.

"Thank you, Santi. I don't know I think I just panicked with thinking about it too much."

"It's my duty as your husband to protect you. I will do anything to protect you." She pushes herself away from me, a grin on her face as she listens to what I say. Her hands rest on either side of my neck as she leans in to kiss me again.

"And it's my duty as your wife to protect you from everything." She repeats my words but makes it sound like they came from her.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for the pageant?"